What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Neps!

glider14

Always a newbie
yay! my shippment came in with N. muluensis x lowii, mira, and talangensis! i've got enough info on talangensis... but is there anyone who can tell me a bit more about N. mira and muluensis x lowii?? i cant find much on them. how fast does mira grow and how big can its pitcher get? ill get pics up tomorrow (not much. only muluensis x lowii has a pirther :) )
Alex

mira takes a while to get in gear, but slowii x muluensis is downright, well, slow. But WORTH IT!

sorry for this OT..but....two ton, can u please show me a pic of your rajah? :)

I'm sure muluensis x lowii loves colder temps cause its half lowii ;)

so far its doing well and growing in the 70s :D
Alex

yay! my shippment came in with N. muluensis x lowii, mira, and talangensis! i\'ve got enough info on talangensis... but is there anyone who can tell me a bit more about N. mira and muluensis x lowii?? i cant find much on them. how fast does mira grow and how big can its pitcher get? ill get pics up tomorrow (not much. only muluensis x lowii has a pirther :) )
Alex

Have they all Died yet. Should not be long now in your care. :-))

excuse me? they are all doing fine. growing, and N. talangensis is pitchering. dont bash me please.

Alex

any pictures buddy? :)

N. mira- Borneo Exotics(BE)
IMG_1092.jpg

about an inch tall
IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

N. muluensis x lowii- BE
newest leaf.
IMG_1093.jpg

pitcher. still holding up
IMG_1094.jpg

N. talangensis- BE
IMG_1095.jpg

"digging" pitcher. its about a half inch down.
IMG_1097.jpg

Alex

like I said on the cpuk forum buddy....they look fantastic...i love ur moss too. Too bad I didn't have live moss to pot my neps. :(

Have they all Died yet. Should not be long now in your care. :-))

Using proper punctuation is best when making fun of someone. Makes you look more like a troll if you don't know where to put a question mark.

So what do you grow, Garren? We'd love to see pictures, too.

Got to say it alex, You probably just taught me the greatest thing of owning neps: Acclaimatising them before doing any crap to them.

Sheesh! How could I forget? They were all in bags when I got them...almost a week or so in them during transport...humidity is peaked at like 100% in there. I take them out...put them in pots and a enclousure where humidity is like 60% - 80%. No wonder they are in shock :(

DAMN! :(

Hi Glider14;

you have a nice selection of species and hybrids. I would recommend to give them as much LIGHT as you can, fertilize with an orchid fertilizer once every month at least, and provide them with as much humidity as you can (this does not imply overwatering them).

Good Luck

Gus

You do have a nice cp collection,
I hope to get a nice one up fast.
That guy just wants to cause problems
and is jealous that is what is most likely.
I would back off Garren before you get PMed
by an admin :poke:,trust me lots of people are
on CPUK and other large forums and will tell the
admins about you.

and N. talangensis is pitchering.

Alex

Two weeks. To early to say if they will form pitchers. Have you grown Highland nepenthe before?. Tendrils will blacken soon, Give them time. Starting on hardish highland specie is a bad move. :crazy: Have you pictures of your grow house?.

i do. give me a minute and ill take pictures and put them up. its a shelf with lights.

what plants do you grow, Garren? do you know how long ive been growing nepenthes and CPs? N. ventrata was my first nep and my 3rd CP ever. before i had VFTs. i now have a big sanguinea that has been growing growing perfectly with me since december.

Alex

EDIT:
the 2 shelves im currently using.
IMG_1098.jpg

Pingucula, Drosera, Utricularia, and sphagnum moss
IMG_1099.jpg

My 2 helis. been growing fine in open air and at 40% humidity since february. my 3 new neps are in the back in bags.
IMG_1100.jpg

and my N. sanguinea. thats an 8inch pot. these pics were taken just a few mins ago.
IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

ive shown mine. now its your turn, Garren.
Alex

perfect! amazing plants there alex. Great job with the neps dude! Its good to finally see pics of your setup. WOW man! those neps are amazing. damn! I am just cursing myself for the harsh move of the ultra highlands. :(

thanks for the comments man! when these new plants get going and grow well out of the bags. ill move up to lowii, ephippiata, and hamata (that is...if i can find one for a good price)
Alex

EDIT: a word or two for Garren: dude. we all make jumps. how would we get from sundews to nepenthes? a movent without jumps is no movement at all. you honestly cant say that you have never made a jump with your plants.

Maybe you sent him a plant that died or something under his care?
Seriously. Whoever this Garren guy needs to chill.

You have awesome plants Glider and thats a hard thing for me to say about *hiss* Nepenthes *cough*.

i dont know. but i plan to just ignore him from now on. for everything

Alex

Back