What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. lowii feedings

Im getting a N. lowii and was wondering if I can feed it bird poop....I have plenty of it so that would be great if I could. I read this from Wikipedia:

Recent studies in the field suggest that this particular species may have moved away from a solely (or even primarily) carnivorous nature and be adapted to "catching" the droppings of birds

I just want to make sure it is safe to do. Also, is there any other Neps I could feed it to?

Thanks!
Victoria

wow. taking the next big step i see :D i thinks thats really only with the amazing upper pitchers. the gunk is on both lower and upper pitchers though. i dono. just keep to bugs for being on the safe side.
Alex

I agree with Alex on the upper pitcher thing. However, you could always experiment and report your findings!

xvart.

wow. taking the next big step i see

Yeah, I couldnt help myself, I see you got yourself some nice new neps as well!

xvart...dont worry, I plan on doing lots of experiments!! Im just glad you all are here for when I really mess something up :-D

Thanks for the link Zero, it was quite helpful!

I wont be doing anything extra to any new nep until it adjusts so this experiment will have to be put on hold for now.

Thanks everyone for you help!
Victoria

Back