What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes CLIPEATA clones? Have you any?

Hello to all!
The European Carnivorous Meeting in Leiden is approaching fast and I am preparing my plants wish list!
I want to buy a Nepenthes clipeata but there are several clones avaiable.
The pure clones are sold as Clone 2, Clone 3 and Clone U.
Do you have any clipeata growing in your collections?
If yes, do you know whci clone it is?
Could you post here some pictures of your plants so that you can help me to choose a nice clone for me?
Are , for your experience , all clones of the same difficulty?

Thanks!

Mr_Aga
ITALY

I just received my N. clipeata clone 2 today. It is new from tissue culture, so it is too small to really take a photo to show a difference. It is the only N. clipeata that I have attempted to grow. The European Carnivorous Plant Meeting sounds great; I hope you have a good time.

Aren't they all the same?

Aren't they all the same?

No. Different clones mean different stock of the same species. For example, if you went out into the wild and picked 4 different plants of the same species, they would all have different genetics and slight different variations. Just like seed grown plants. Apparently there are 3 cultivated clones of Clipeata floating around.

xvart.

i think we need to have a seed fest for clips once two of the opposite sex are in flower instead of making dang confusing hybrids with other species :D

Yesss!
I must know how this clones looks like!
Example : there are such clones sold that are very nice....they have pratically the same colours of the burgidgeae.
I would like to have th opportunity to choose my own prefered clone so that I will be not upset once my plant will become adult.
Looking forward to check if someone of you have some Pictures to post!

Mr_Aga

Ps : by the way..how big....or better...how little is your plant DAVE?

Forgot to mention that I suppose clones could also be based on location.

xvart.

Ps : by the way..how big....or better...how little is your plant DAVE?

It is a healthy plant that is almost 4 cm across with three all green, non-descriptive young pitchers.

I did not correct you X :p

I believe (though I may be mistaken) that clip-1 was actually determined to be the clip x (clip x eymae) hybrid.

Back