What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing srduggins' N. ventricosa red x grn?

wow that really does look like a sibuyanensis.
very nice steve

Oh, wow. It looks ridiculously a lot like sibuyanensis.

I'm way too familiar with that one. Had it not been for the 2008 forum crash during the NASC auction, I'd be the proud owner of a cutting from that baby.

Pshaw! If you think you would have won that baby if not for the crash, think again! :-O

xvart.

Does the plant look different too? The leaves look oddly N. sibuyanensis - ish also.

Pshaw! If you think you would have won that baby if not for the crash, think again! :-O

xvart.

Nono, remember? You were going to make an illegal bid. That baby was mine by technicality.

Jason

ventricosa x sibuyanensis

Could've fooled me... I suppose that's not saying much, but still!

Jason

OK, the more I look at that, the more I wonder. I remember being amazed seeing that as it was growing with my other home grown plants and in the same pots I used back then. But it seems to me I've misplaced a sibuyanensis or that ventricosa x sib cross somewhere. Actually, I thought I had killed them or traded them. That just can't be a straight ventricosa species. Nice to see it finally pitcher.

Guess I can't fool you guys.

I guess this little weird ventricosa doesn't have a new friend after all:
P1070922.jpg

@Dr - The original pale ventricosa came from California Carnivores in 2000. I never thought of it as being the "porcelain" clone, but who knows.

Aw, poor little ventricosa. :<

Great cross Steve, whatever it is :)

Stevedugginsseedvent.jpg

SteveDugginsseedVentpitchers.jpg

SteveDugginsseedVentpitcher.jpg

Hey, late comer to the thread.

I have two of these - a male and a female (just worked out that way. Lucky me).

The female is a great, big grower, and happy in just about all conditions.

The male is a little pickier, and more compact, but still going.

Both suffered from lack of light this winter (along with everything else in my greenhouse) to the point that I put light fixtures on my b-day list so I rig some supplamental lighting for this coming winter (watch it be sunny the whole season....just watch).

I've actually just fertilized the female spikes with pollen from my "sold as" macfarlenei, but it's much more likely a hybrid, as it doesn't look like any macfarlenei I ever saw. Still cool looking, with a complete maroon flush, so I hope to get something cool....

I just noticed my earlier post - it seems my female may not be from SR....but then where did I get it? The plot thickens as my memory wanes.

Last edited:
Back