What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New nep leaves are smaller

you can get a 4 ft fixture for the same price as a 24". why not get one and mount it vertically on the outside, thus not causing any increase in temp but providing more light for all shelves?

hmm....I guess then i will check out the fixtures. The cheapest I found was 15$. The gro sho tube is around 18$.

walmart, american lighting or something to that effect, in a red box, ss in a blue box for a few bucks more. they should be in the lighting section at wallyworld.
very cheap, I have 2 of them, paid $7 a piece.

yeah theyre like $7 or $10 (i think) for the SS one...but hilariously enough that one always rusts on me faster than the others. Just go to walmart and look for the bulbs with the highest lumen output and about 6500K color temp. Those gro n sho/plant & aquarium bulbs aren't all they're cracked up to be, and they're expensive

hmm....I only saw these small fixtures in walmart. I guess i'll go and check my square one walmart next weekend when I go home to mississauaga. :D

THanks guys! :)

I ordered a ventrisco for a really nice neighbor
who bought xmas presents for everyone in the family.
She grows extreamely rare plants,like she has one
plant that bloomed and she had a Tour of people coming
to see her gardens. It is in her greenhouse and last I saw it had
really big pitchers yet had small leafs and not too much growth
it was still rosseted. She loves it,it kills all of her ants that hurt her plants.

but again you got to remember that ventricosa is a really easy nep. Especially compared with the likes of rajah and bical which are at the opposite ends of the spectrum when grown in the same place...one likes heat...one likes cold. Luckily physics helps :p : HOT AIR RISES!! :p

I meant white box red lettering white box blue lettering. they are easy to find, just look for 4 ft long boxes.:)

are those ones with "wall outlet cables" ??

thanks,

vraev

yes, you just put 2 bulbs in and plug it right in:)

hmm....I have never seen such cheap fixtures with wall outlet cables at canadian tire or home depot. :)

Do you mind showing me pics of your terrarium and your plants? :D . I want to see how your plants are growing in the same setup considering the rajah is like on the other side of the spectrum of the bical :p :poke:

thanks,

vraev

Just wait, your rajah will start growing bigger leaves. Mine was making 3" leaves when I got it, then threw out a 1.5" leaf, and is now making 4" leaves...and I grow it in like 85°+. In fact, I grow pretty much all my plants in the same tank...rajah, bical, talangensis, 2 northianas....its cuz i'm magic

sure....i'll get a pic up later today after i move my setup back to where it was. I had to disassemble it so i could clean my carpets :/

awsome! thanks soo much. :D I love seeing rajah's . :D

Back