What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New species found N. spec. nov ‘DA’

psh...new species? Thats just another form of alata
(jk obviously)

Holy Crap!!! I want it... (my precious)... haha, jk... It is absolutely GORGEOUS though. And RIVALS rajah? Keep us posted if you hear about distribution or any natural hybrids, JLAP.

Very nice find. How exciting would that be to stumble across something like that on a hike! Looks like it's got enough digestive juices to go around!

xvart.

And best of all it's a real discovery and not some lame hybrid like the most recent ones, or another form of N. alata as phission as noted as well.

"Nepenthes sharifah-hapsahii " my foot! What a disgrace.

Hmm...looks similar to all the recent discoveries...almost like Jamban?

in terms of recent discoveries, there is lingulata which people seem to have forgotten about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was also a "real" discovery

Looks like it was related to N. burbidgeae eons ago...

in terms of recent discoveries, there is lingulata which people seem to have forgotten about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was also a "real" discovery

Ur right. I love their 1 fang!!!! Toio bad theys not available yet...like anywhere. I found a source of Jamban, but still no lingulata.

I know where to get it, but you more or less have to be Rockefeller to purchase it

Wow!

Another toilet bowl species as it looks.

Is it highlander or lowlander?

If Highlander, I want it!

N. rajah, step down from the plate.

wow!! when i first saw it it reminded me of a campy! its very neat looking!

I thought the same thing, Glider14, lol. It looked like somebody put a spout in a campy and blew it larger.
They do not say which area(do not blame them) it was found and the Meeks offered a opinion on which mountain.
I am an idiot and could not post a photo, but has anyone looked at this plant from Wistuba's site?

Nepenthes spec. Palawan 1 (Philippines)

It almost looks like a young version of what they found.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Joe

Do you really think so? I don't think it resembles it at all and resembles a skinny N. rajah more.

I don't think they resemble each other at all.

just the general shape. leaf shape and pitcher shape. persimtone is deffinatly different though! and size...

Alex

Oh I was talking about the similarities between N. rajah and spec. Palawan, not the similarities between spec. nov "DA" and spec. nov Palawan.

and i was talking about "DA" and campanulata.... lets just say its a great new find! :D
Alex

Yeah I was talking about DA and sp Palawan...

Joe

Wow I'm totally in left field lmao

ANYWAY....

Back