What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ants

NeciFiX

Kung Fu Fighting!
How did this happen? I noticed a smallish ant crawling on a pot earlier today of my N. ventricosa 'red' which decided to put out pitchers barely bigger than an inch (one is almost twice the size of the others though, still developing) now a dozen ants somehow got in a second story closed window and are all over the Nepenthes. How does this stuff happen?! Well, at least they'll be a treat for a Nepenthes that was my first and finally decided to pitcher.

~NeciFiX

well congrats on making it pitcher!

i put ants on my neps every now and then. they leave the plant, go outside and bring their buddies :D i dont get mass swarms though...
Alex

i used to have a nep with a huge pitcher that collected so many ants that it looked like a writhing mass of black scrambling things - you couldn't even see the liquid!
I had to move it away because i was worried the ants would keep comming and weigh down the plant XD

Okay I gave this women in hawaii my neps they when I last saw them they were murdering her ant problem since ants eat her expensive & rare plants roots. They where full enough that you could not fit much more inside maybe that is why they where very small yet had some Big pitchers on them ? The ventricosa rosset was maybe 4 inches across yet has 4 inch pitchers whats the deal? I will ask for some pics of the plnts I gave to her......

Update: All the ants are dead. Poor things.

Back