What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

acclimating my new nep

I ordered a Nepenthes ventricosa x spectabilis. I was wondering if anyone has ordered neps from there and what should I do to acclimate my nep to my house?

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered 2 so far and this may sound a little weird but I just set it in my sunny window sill and this baby pitcher and one of them grew and in made 3 new pitchers and all I did was just set it with the rest in a sunny window sill. And my other had a almost full grown pitcher and I just set it in the sun with my other CPs and walla it opened and is filling with acid. I would just put it where you are going to grow it and let it get used to it

I ordered 2 so far, and this may sound a little weird, but I just set them in my sunny windowsill. This baby pitcher and one of them grew, and it made 3 new pitchers. All I did was just set them with the rest in a sunny windowsill. My other one had an almost full grown pitcher. I just set it in the sun with my other CPs, and voila: it opened and is filling with DIGESTIVE JUICES. I would just put the plant where you are going to grow it, and let it get used to those conditions.

You get an F-.

PS: The pitchers do NOT have acid in them.

Phissionkorps that was pretty much uncalled for... except for the acid correction, this is not an English class, it's simple cyber-bullying. He gave pretty good advice even if he hasn't been entirely correct on a lot of things... I know I wouldn't want to be treated the way you've treated him, you may have had reason to do so before but now you are getting mad at him for a few small English corrections and mistaking digestive enzymes for acid, that deserved correction but most of that was uncalled for... not everyone excels at grammar, and the way most people type on the internet we're EXTREMELY fortunate for the amount used on this forum even if it is somewhat off like his grammatic skills are; it is still easily readable and I think that's all that matters. He was just trying to help out and he got a handful of crap for it, and you didn't even post anything relevant to the user who was asking a simple question. Really, I just feel bad looking at your post. Pon14 has been disrespectful and has had some grammatic errors but your above post was uncalled for and it's not helping to promote a good environment on the forums. Even if he isn't doing the best at that either, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

You both need to correct your attitudes... whether to each other or to other people... Pon14, you have pretty good grammar as it is compared to the rest of the internet, but, improving it further would be nice, and try not to mix up your words like you did in the above post. Your post above, however, Phissionkorps though wasn't helpful, it was just plain mean. :(. Really I'm just disappointed.

Yours Truly,

~NeciFiX

P.S. I am not trying to insult someone, just trying to make you realize that post was somewhat inappropriate, please don't take this the wrong way.

Last edited:
I got your point that it was "uncalled for" the first 3 times you said it, sheesh.
I think it was called for, because a 53 word sentence with absolutely no punctuation save for a period is never a good idea. This is a CP forum...we're educated people.

Plus, I believe in an eye for TWO eyes, and this guy is driving me crazy on my two fav forums. Seriously if this guy doesn't shape up or leave/get banned, I'm going to have to leave (except for occasional trades perhaps). Now this guy can either get with the program, or I can stop answering everyone's nep questions.

There are definitely people "here" that are better than me, i.e. capslock, manny, etc., but many of them choose to spend the vast majority of their time elsewhere.

We've been trying to work with pon14 to get him to "blend in" a little bit better... Might I suggest the "ignore" feature of this forum, to simply ignore people who bother you. A PM to a mod would be nice too be it Pon bothering Phission or Phission bothering neci... (but who do I PM for people bothering me?? hahahaha) Seriously though guys we're working on it, hang in there till then. K? :)

Andrew, you can send your complaints to me. I listen to complaints most every day! lol.

xvart.

*sigh* fighting over the internet is retarded. you know that phission. hes driving a lot of people crazy. me included. fortunately i have a VERY high tolerance level. at the rate this s going....its not gonna last. i respect you phission(isnt your name Ron??) to a very high extreme. i listen to your wisdom as i do with everyone with higher experience than me. however. there are other people out there that dont use proper grammer/punctuation....like me. but im also understandable. hey...at least pon used his/her own experiences.

poolboy: try you very best to not reference other CP nurseries. Andrew has his own shop and competition is something he doesnt need.

so lets all calm down.... be...erm...acquaintances and if we cant stand each other...then just ignore each other.

Alex

Ya dont have to reply to everything that bothers you.........:poke:

Phissionkorps is correct. Grammar and spelling are critical skills and it's important to use them constantly. It's also a good idea to avoid any exposure poor grammar and spelling. They're contagious. Let's face it, you'll never rise to be president if you can't form a proper sentence. Ummm . . . never mind.

I don't want to be president......

I don't want to be president......

That's hardly an excuse. These days proper grammar and spelling is key because children growing up in a society of text messaging and "AIM-speak" have terrible personal communication skills. There are college students that turn in reports and legitimate papers with crap like "ty 4 the opportunity 2 b n this class." The difference here is that is moderately readable whereas pon's post are barely readable.

And if you say to me, "o i can rite normal i just choose not 2" that is even more ignorant because then do it!

And, apparently you "run" your own nursery, so I would hope that you have the ability to coherently talk about plants and spell their names correctly. I would think that your occupation would require even the remote ability to actually "run a nursery."

Just because you don't want to be president doesn't mean you will never have a job interview or to write a resume or need to convey information to others (especially since this is a forum of resources!). As I've mentioned at least once before, people use this site as a resource, so information conveyed here should have at least a slight amount of care and consideration. Seriously, how hard is it to reread sentence long posts or actually think about what you are writing? The fact that an excuse like "I don't want to be president" is ludicrous and makes me sick. Isn't there a personal level of respect for yourself and your ideas?

Don't make up excuses like "I don't want to be president." Just be honest and either say "I make the conscious choice to annoy people and continue to write terrible posts that many people have corrected," or "I am really terrible at communicating; I'm sorry, but I am working on it," or "I just don't give a damn."

Again I feel I must say that mistakes are understandable. It happens to everyone. But the level of negligence in conveying information is not only unsatisfactory but also inexcusable. How many times do we have to go over this?

xvart.

Give him a break. He said he doesn't want to be president in response to my lame attempt at humor. If the internet had been around 30+ years ago when I was a similar age, I might have played the same role. The fact that he/she is here is something the rest of us should commend, even if the posts aren't up to the standards of someone who's 20 or 50. Now, let's get back to the actual topic, which had something to do with the genus Nuppenthis.

Well now he's gone :)

What was the last straw for pon?

Just curious.

It was probably just the build up of annoyances...

We generally dont' make things public, but the final straw was making more user names to try and scam more free seeds from the kind people here doing giveaways. He did it once and I warned him, he did it more and that added up with other stuff was enough. I THINK that's the 8th or 9th person ever banned from this forum since it started back in 2001. Taking advantage of the kindness of people here is never tolerated.
Back on topic :)

Back