What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you think these boys are doing?

Plant's that are watched constantly won't grow. Nepenthes are very bashful plants.

lol! well...I watch it atleast once every week...but looks like I need to do that once every month ;) lol.. without forgetting to water it ofcourse ;)

Plant's that are watched constantly won't grow. Nepenthes are very bashful plants.

amen to the above.

you dont notice growth that has happened in 3 days if you watchit constantly. but if you look at it. remember it and then look at it again 3 days later youll notice something. some people take pictures of their N. villosa because it grows so slowly! they compare photos from week A to week B. usually...nothing looks different :-)) :-))

Alex

lol....yeah! I can't wait to get that plant. :p :banana2:

Thought I'd show a picture of my huge N. rajah pitcher.

Nrajah-1.jpg

Watch out.... um....er....... springtail. :-))

WOW>.....nice !! :D that is soo nice. :D

yup! its growing on his windowsill. the magic windowsill on earth. :p

As vraev answered for me, yes my neps are grown as windowsill plants.

I've posted this pic in several other threads before.

windowneps.jpg

I hope you that door isn't one of your emergency exits in case of a fire! Of course, it might be handy to quickly grab some plants as you jump off the balcony/deck.

xvart.

I hope you that door isn't one of your emergency exits in case of a fire! Of course, it might be handy to quickly grab some plants as you jump off the balcony/deck.

xvart.

I'd throw the carts off and let them all hit the ground, I'm sure they'd all live with just a bit of shock of their horticulturist whipping them off a balcony LOL.

Hey Elgecko can I have your house lol I need that window :).

ofcourse with a hamata, rajah and aristochoides...I would hold them all and jump. :p

Hi Elgeco!
WOW! Beutiful!
I'm growing Rajah on a windowsill as you know...your pictures bring me hope...your windowsill is beutiful!
I really envy you, my house doesn't get to much light, but I am moving soon so mabye that will change.:)
Someday my plants will look like that!

Thanks again for the comments.

NeciFiX,
My wife and I have been very casually looking at bigger houses. I need more room, but hate thinking of giving up the window..... and what the new mortgage would cost compared to the one I currently have.

Thanks again for the comments.

NeciFiX,
My wife and I have been very casually looking at bigger houses. I need more room, but hate thinking of giving up the window..... and what the new mortgage would cost compared to the one I currently have.

I would look into a house with a little more backyard, that way you could build a greenhouse, which could give your plants even better conditions. I have the feeling that it's not just the windowsill they're growing on, but also the person growing them.

same problem with my talangensis! NC's hot summer is just u know..

im worried sick! the growth tip is keep turning black

this is how the dude looks now ;) . Phissionkorps, the leaf did grow a bit longer dude. :)

1034547557_61a0d1c353_o.jpg
1035391328_aeea3a3817_o.jpg

Vraev: I'm in the same bout right now, my Rajah is doing poorly (worse then yours which actually looks good right now) and I will probably end up donating it to my local greenhouse.

dude... I wouldn't give up on it. Try various things. I changed my life for this one plant. I come back from school atleast once in the evening everyday to ensure that I mist it. I am serious...the amount of effort I put for this one plant is staggering...Every single day I do a water bottle freeze technique for night cooling.) I love this freakin plant. I will be so happy if the next leaf is as big as the ones it came with. ???

Yeah well I am only five minutes away from the GH and this way my Rajah will be so Happy!
My local greenhouse has so many Neps...a maxima with about a hundred pitchers, a flowering ventricosa and a flowering alata, a great looking truncata, lowii, veitchii and albomorginata, and a small ampullaria. Also some Sarrecenia and VFts. So its not like I'll never see it again.
Its just interesting to see what I can and can't grow...but who knows mabye it will adapt to my conditions. :-D

Back