What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes aristolchioides is dying!!! HELP!!!

Help my nepenthes aristolchioides is dying i moved it to my bedroom and its new leaf got broun and then the growing point is also getting brown and the leaf is tiny waaaaa its horrible im doing everthing i can to save it i also moved it to where it was doing well so any advice?

Thanks
Matt

well quite obviously moving it to your bedroom caused it a lot of stress. i'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but if the growing point is turning brown your plant is probably already shot, thats just the way nepenthenes are.

keep an eye on it. pray. and if all else fails, chop it up and try and get some cuttings to throw down roots.

honestly, when i heard you got N. aristo a while a go i didnt think you could care for it.... N. aristo can be an uber picky plant. likes high humidity and cool temperatures. elgecko is the only person i know that has had success with N. aristo on a windowsil....but he has a magic window ;)

making cuttings may be your best bet but N. aristo cuttings are notorious for being slow and difficult to root.

Good Luck!
Alex

From what I've read, it seems like the problems seem to arise when people try and drastically change their plant's conditions, even though it was growing fine. If a plant is growing well, don't move it. I've made this mistake as well. This may be one of the reasons why elgecko's windowsill works so well.

I think this sounds like root rot.
Nepenthesmatt don't let this get you down! I have lost two Neps like this, but I can still windowsill grow! Nepenthes have been proven to be able to pull through a lot. Aristo is hard though.:( Nepenthesfreak is growing Aristo on a wndswl, I'll update on how it goes for him, or mabye I'll get him to join the forum.
Did you use the bag method? That can save plants lives! Here: http://pitcherplants.proboards34.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=1180314311&page=1
I make the hole bigger every 4 days. Everyone has there own variations on this.

Back