What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool Nepenthes time-lapse video

It does kind of make you want to buy a mountain in Borneo, doesn't it?

insane! cool soud effects when the pitcher opened. 76 species though? either BBC didn't do enough research or this is an old video. Also wrong was when he said that the biggest species can make up to a half dozen traps. The smaller ones like gracilis can make 20 or 30 traps. Otherwise the video was awesome though, definitely worth my time.

I think it's old :) It doesn't look very new. Also a tendril doesn't have to touch the ground to inflate, but we know this.

The video is from The Private life of Plants. I think its from the 90's. It has three segments on CPs: VFTs, Sarracenia, nepenthes and Heliamphora, and they mention woolly sundews. It is the best plant documentary I have watched. If you can find it watch it. Its awesome!

I got the dvd to this documentary 3 years ago for my birthday. this is the show that got me into CPs.

I wish I could have David Attenboroughs job.

The private life of plants is from 95. It was first released on VHS and then a re-release in 99 on DVD. If I can say that I am a fan of someone....that one and only one person is the great Sir David Attenborough. That documentary is the reason for my obsession with the rajah. :)

Great video! Amazing!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)

Back