User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How come the lid didn't open more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, I keep hearing that bicals are so sensetive to humidty.

Mine has grown and pitchered rather well between 55 and 70 percent humidty most of the time. Occasionally it goes lower, slightly more often it goes higher, and the average is probably somewhere in the high 50's low 60's.

As long as you keep the humidity over 55, the biggest factor, I have found (granted, one plant does not a pattern make) is light.

As for why that second pitcher is a little odd, I would have to aggree on the stress idea. Neps take several months to recover fully from moves. That pitcher was in the middle of formation durring the most stress, so you're lucky it openned at all! Often they'll just abort that pitcher, and you're left with a half-formed pitcher on one leaf until it eventually withers.
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah...another thing is that the plant is getting insanely huge. Every leaf is a few inches bigger than the older one. I have it in a 8 inch pot. The leaf span is already around 25 inches or so. I am finding that bicals tend to put out very small pitchers in proportion to their leaf span. Is this normal?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12