What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Hi all,

A couple months ago I took a few shots of Phil Faulisi's awesome collection. I have finally decided to quit being lazy and actually post some of them. So without further ado....

First a wide shot of the lowland chamber
philtest2.JPG

N. truncata
P1010009.JPG

N. truncata x veitchii
P1010010.JPG

N. veitchii
P1010012.JPG

N. ampularia "Hot Lips"
P1010015.JPG

N spectabilis x veitchii
P1010026.JPG

N. lowii x ventricosa
P1010029.JPG

N. x Rokko x stenophylla
P1010032.JPG

N. spectabilis x talengensis
P1010035.JPG

N. mikei
P1010037.JPG

Very nice! It's like a house of cards in there with all those pots stacked on tupperware stacked on pots!

xvart.

That fourth pic is a nice looking veitchii. Doesn't look like pure veitchii in fact.

N. maxima dark x stenophylla
P1010040.JPG

N. carunculata Upper pitchers
P1010042.JPG

N. spectabilis x northiana Upper pitcher
P1010043.JPG

N. veitchii highland form, newly opened pitcher
P1010048.JPG

N. veitchii highland form, aged pitcher
P1010049.JPG

S purpurea ssp. rosea
P1010034.JPG

Those look great! Do you know what kind of lighting he uses in the lowland chamber?

oh ~ they are looking so great!!
i love your N. ampularia.:-D

Trek623- I use standard 40 watt cool white and warm white flourescent tubes and a few compact flourescents for good measure. There are a total of (8) 4 foot two tube fixtures and 3 clamp lights (for the compacts). The unit is 8 feet long, 3 feet wide and 5-1/2 feet tall. It has a clear plexiglass roof and front. It used to house my collection of very large N. bicals and N. raffs, which is why is is so tall. Then I got this wild hair idea that I could get rid of the giants and grow a bunch of smaller plants all propped up. So...when they get bigger I just lower them.

Get rid of those giants?
I know some people compost chunks of vine, but come on!

:jester:

fantastic. man?? get rid of the giants?? why not try a good idea?? try making cuttings of them and then do the charity thing for the NECPS ??

Nice plants !

Hiya Philcula-

Awesome growing plants in your terrarium.

May I ask whatever happend to your large neps that you got rid of, specifically the bical?

In about a month or two I will be setting up a greenhouse and I would like to add a giant N. bical or two.

So, right now I'am on a quest for some giants (I know I could grow a small one and in a year or two it will be huge . . . well if I can find a huge one now with someone who is willing to ship it, then awesome.

Again, incredible plants you have their :hail:

Keep on Growing,
Bo :boogie:

Beautiful! I never grow tired of looking at Nepenthes! I love the Ampularia 'hot lips' btw!

Philcula,
Beautiful, superbly grown plants (as always). That N. spectabilis x talangensis is a real knockout!

Steve,
Thanks for posting the great photos!

Thanks for the kind words folks. Neon...that form of N. ampularia is probably my most favorite. The color contrast is so striking and Steve did a wonderful job capturing its beauty.

Paul- Thanks for the compliments. That N. spect/talang really is a lovely plant. It has always been one of my favorites.

Thank you Steve for the photo tour!
Philcula, you're killing us with those lowlanders... ah, you're killing us with the highlanders too!

Wow nice Neps! love that HL Veitchii. All incredible plants though.
Is that the giant Regia tentacle poking out of the corner of the spect x veitch pic?
Any pics of that monster?

I just noticed the N. campanulata in the second picture. That was a pleasant surprise!

Back