What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering campanulata.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
My little campanulata is going into flower for the first time.
Anybody have an idea as to what sex it might be?
JMatt

dsc01242lt1.jpg
dsc01245qj3.jpg

looks like male. start looking for a female! we need more campy's!
Alex

thats awsome!

and yes, i would also guess male.

if you get seeds...please keep me in mind!

Good luck!

I was actually going to say female, since the buds are so round....and it looks just like mine.

Guess we won't know for sure until the buds open.

Females are oblong, males are spherical.

Not mine, JLAP - though I talking specifically about the campanulatas. My female has sperical flower buds. I've never seen a male campy bud, though, so I'm only half informed.

Schloaty, that is interesting. I have got two campanulata with both spherical buds but I did not allow them to open because the plants are still very young. Does it mean I might have two girls? :banana2:

Jeff, please update us as soon as the flowers open.

Cindy, I don't think you needed to lop off the spikes. Camps are notorious for flowering young/small. I saw one in flower (male, already openned) that was a scant 3" across!

Not mine, JLAP - though I talking specifically about the campanulatas. My female has sperical flower buds. I've never seen a male campy bud, though, so I'm only half informed.

That's weird! Next time it flowers we must have pics!

Schloaty, my plant flowered when it was about 3" across and half an inch tall. Then it went downhill only to recover a year later. The other is a 5" plant but it flowered as a rooted cutting the week after I potted it up. Before of the experience with the first, I cut the flower stalk pronto.

Back