What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bical and the water tray method

Hi All-

I've read that N. bicalcarata is one of the very few neps that enjoys the water tray method.

I was wondering if any of you bical owners actually use this method and do you think your bicals are happy with it vs. bathing your bical almost daily.

Thanks,
Bo :boogie:

Hey Bo,

I use the tray method (for my raflessiana, too), and it's quite happy (over 5' diameter - gotta be doing something right).

Hey Bo,

I use the tray method (for my raflessiana, too), and it's quite happy (over 5' diameter - gotta be doing something right).

ditto. add to that a ventrata or two.

My N. bical seems to enjoy the water tray method. I'll often water it from the top and just let it sit in the residual water until that dries up, and then repeat. I'd also like to mention that my N. bical grows on an east-facing windowsill with minimal humidity.

LG, My bical, likewise, does pretty well with humidity only averaging in the 50's.

With all my nepenthes so far, I use the tray method. I just water from the top, and wait until there is no water in the tray to do it again.

I have my nepenthes on the kind of plastic pots that have included the tray to make "easy" to water plants, and they are doing great (Ampullaria, Rafflesiana, Albomarginata and Bellii)...

Like the others I water from top always and keep the water level on the trays on full (that should keep arround little bit less than 1/4 under water at all times).

My humidity average outdoors here is 60 on the day and 80+ on the night...

Back