What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Rafflesiana Elongata snapped growth tip

Hiya Daniel-

Looks like your N. raff has more than just recoverd :boogie:

Before you were worried about a damaged growth tip, but it seems now you have two going for you, great job :hail:

Thanks for the positive words regarding my plant. It did come in with great root system. But so far I haven't seen any growth activity :-(

My lowland greenhouse keeps a high humdity of 85-95% and a temp around 80 - 90, but I think its the short photoperiod here in the Northwest (Oregon) is holding it back a bit. I'm hoping when the days get longer, I will see ALOT of growing activitiy.

Keep up the great growing and Happy Holidays,
Bo

Zoinks! That really came back with a vengance!

Rafs, in general, are fairly tough customers. Mine grow in humidity in the 50's days and high 60's to low 70's nights. I find that my one HUGE one pitchers in batches.....Also, it has a basal that's growing and pitchering fine, but the main vine won't pitcher any longer. Odd. Might be just me being inpatient, though, since two main vine leaves sufferend accidental budicide (killing of the pitcher bud - phrase just coined!).

Back