Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Plan for getting highlanders new lighting

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the most suprising thing is how much different are my 4 foot T8's in comparision with this. Firstly these are 20 watt = 900 lumens each compared to the earlier 1 x 33 watt = 800 lumen gro and sho.

Its just how much the intensity decreases even at just a foot from the plant. Very shocking and very disappointing after 68$ spent in making this thing. I should have rather spent 80 and got an high intensity aquarium lighting thingy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I have to say is: three 4' fixtures with different bulbs of varying spectra hung vertically inside the chamber. Of course hanging one fixture inside thats only 2' is going to be weak. In that first pic, it looks like the only light on is the light in the room. When the lights in my grow chamber turn on, even with the door closed, the room its in looks like it has reached critical mass if you get my drift. 800-900 lumens per fixture is also pretty bad, and you should rethink your bulb choice. I get approx. 4000 lumens per fixture, if not a little more since my plants are usually about 3" from the lights, and lumens are measured at 1'. For my setup, 3 fixtures with 2 bulbs a piece, I think my total cost was $42.

Also, as has been said many times, gro and sho's are crap. I have 2 of them, because I think they can work well in conjunction with other lighs (4 more in my case), but solely relying on gro and sho's is a bad idea
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Carnivorous plant enthusiast vraev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well..its 2 x 900 lumens each so technically it should be still better than the gro and sho single one.

well...I guess I can't return this sucker so that means I am probably stuck with it.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that aluminum foil? I can promise if you switch to mylar you'll see a difference that's like night and day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123