What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If by any chance, anyone here still remembers me, I'm backkkk! :0o: I knew all along I wouldn't be able to quit CPs for long, and here it is just a year and a half later and I'm already looking to scratch an itch. The Nep sub-forum seemed like a good place to start since I visited it most frequently by a long shot! I still own some D. scorpiodes and flytraps of various varieties, a few orchids, one cactus, and several ficus trees. That's it though. My true love, Nepenthes, has been completely absent. I think I can still remember the names of all my favorites, and I'm looking to set up one tank of highland favorites. I sold all of my plants a while back, and I know most of the buyers were on here. This was EVERYTHING, including my prized rajah, aristo, jacquelineae, hamata, lowii, glabrata, everything! And I'm looking to set up a highland tank with those exact species in it. So if anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be so very groovy. I've already hit up my main dealer (Tony) and am hoping that some of yall might remember a brother and share the love. It's gonna take me some minimal re-acclimation to get my tank set up perfectly, master all of the various plants' "isms", etc, and I'm hoping yall will help. Remind me of the secret to the happiest Nepenthes, and maybe, just maybe, hook me up with a basal rosette or cutting. Dang I remember a lot of terms! It's good to be back.

Welcome back,I remember you!To bad you had to sell your plants.

Jerry

wb
What city are you in? Unfortunately I'm kickin it in the hellhole that is west tx until december.

What are you doing out in LUBBOCK?! School I suppose? I'm in the Fort Worth(less).. Where are you going after December?? Quite the growlist you've got there, are you rockin a greenhouse or indoor only?

Yeah school haha. After December I'll be going somewhere else for medical school, hopefully either Houston for Baylor, or Dallas for UT Southwestern...we'll see how that works out.

But yeah I grow everything in one of those "indoor greenhouses". There are so many plants in there its about to bust, and I really need to look into something else. If I move to Houston I'll definitely just be moving my lowlanders outside, as thats pretty much the perfect environment except for the 2 months where its cold.

Right on.. Staying in Texas then eh? Are you from around here originally?
Back to the topic, are the guys like swords, schloaty, pyro, capslock, justlikeapill, jimscott, etc. all still around? I can think of a few more but their internet aliases (aliae?) arent coming to me at the moment.. Anyone who's been around a while, post up and say hi! I'm just getting my bearings again...

Welcome back. I didn't know you but I have read some of your posts through the searches I've made. Always great to have someone "back from the dead." And yes, actually, everyone you mentioned is still around.

xvart.

Yeah I'm from H-town. Gotta stay in Texas for that in state tuition. Graduating with $160k worth of debt does not sound pleasant.

Man you had some great neps though. Do you have anything now, or have you gotten rid of the lot of it? There have been a few times I've contemplated selling everything off for various reasons, but I know I would regret it almost immediately haha.

Hey lithopsman! Welcome back!! Pretty much everyone is still around (can you ever really leave?) Good to have you back in the fold, and good luck getting back into growing! Just hang around - plants seem to pop up out of nowhere when you least expect it.

Max

Welcome back... again! Have you been "reelin' in the years"?

I remember you dude. Welcome back!

It really is crazy, this internet is. I can remember all kinds of people I've never met before by goofy forum names, and even find them after nearly two years! Unfortunately, I don't have a single Nepenthes at the moment, I sold all of them! I wish I still had my records of who I sold them to (does eBay keep them permanently?) so I could see if all this time later, I could maybe buy an offshoot of one of my original plants. I know the rajah was profuse in that regard. I'm going to go boot up my old computer and try and find my growlist.. It was pretty impressive!

Ok, here it goes! This is my last ever updated growlist which was on 8/20/04. I'm actually AMAZED that I was able to grow this many plants so proficiently... Can anyone redirect me to some of the vendors aside from Tony and Exotic Gardens? And some of the better caresheets and stuff? I just need to look everything over and I'll be good to go once again! The more I look at this list the more pissed off I am. I'm leaving my personal notes attached, this is KILLING me! I completely forgot thorelli x aristo, dubia, among others. Damn I had one hell of a collection. Looks like I might be in for more than I expected...

Drosera nitidula ssp. nitidula EPP Received 8/18/03/flowering now!
Drosera capensis ‘Typical’ CC Received Jan ’03 flowered/flowering now!
Drosera binata ‘T-form’ N/A Seed grown ICPS seed bank T-form/very big!
Drosera spathulata (unknown) EG Gift plant PFT Mid-late ‘03/flowering
Drosera filiformis ssp. tracyii EG Made cuttings (same as above)
Drosera scorpiodes EPP Arrived 1/14 /04/TP

Dionaea muscipula ‘Pink Venus’ EPP Received 8/18/03/TC Triffid Park
D. muscipula ‘Typical’ Lowe’s Gift from John David Roberts
D. muscipula seedlings N/A ICPS seedbank “Typical” Repotted a few days
ago along with many others

Utricularia gibba CC Received Jan ‘03/Grown profusely
U. longifolia Fullerton GH Received Sept. ’03 Seedbank/gift plant stolons
U. sandersonii EPP Received 1/14 /04 Made by cuttings
U. livida Merriwuk, Natal SA EPP Received 6/3/04 Flowering with 2 stalks

Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamenensis AL001 ICPS Gift plant distribution/received June ‘03
Sarracenia rubra ssp. alabamenensis AL003 ICPS See above/made by seed
Sarracenia flava seedlings N/A ICPS seedbank/mid ‘03
Sarracenia unknown hybrid seedlings N/A ICPS seedbank/mid’03
Sarracenia leucophylla ‘Titan’ PFT 8”/immature/clearance sale/Rec. 6/3/04

N. sibuyanensis 6” EPP BE/seed grown/6”/7/10/04
Nepenthes rafflesiana ‘typical-striped peristome’ EG Aug. ’02 PFT visit/given to Katy/return
Nepenthes gracilis ‘typical’ EPP Received 8/18/03/Cutting from Tony’s plant
Nepenthes ampullaria ‘spotted’ EPP Date above/ Seed grown from Brunei Speckled/BE
Nepenthes dubia EPP BE/Small but nice/7/10/04
Nepenthes hamata EPP MT/Early ‘03/TC/sick as of now
Nepenthes rajah EPP BE/Seed/Early ’03-3”
Nepenthes ventricosa CC Jan. ’03/Little/Doubled in size
Nepenthes x ‘Judith Finn’ EPP Exotica Plants/Early ‘03/candy cane peristome
Nepenthes clipeata EPP AW/2”/biggest leaf about to pitcher/7/10/04
Nepenthes jacquelineae EPP 1850m/BE/Early ’02 seed/first stock/late ‘03rec
Nepenthes campanulata EPP MT/good size/7/10/04
Nepenthes glabrata EPP Awistuba/TC/Sulawesi/Late’03
Nepenthes diatas EPP Seed/BE/6”rec.-1/14 /04/wilting, what’swrong?
Nepenthes aristolochioides EPP TC/AW /Rec.1/14 /04
Nepenthes ramispina EPP BE/very big/pitchers about 5”/7/10/04
N. lowii Gunung Trus Madi EPP TC/6”/huge pitchers/Rec. 6/3/04
N. hamata EPP BE/TC/H75-JK2/Rec. 6/3/04
N. thorelli x aristolochioides EPP Cutting of Tony’s plant/ cloneAPB/ upper pitchers As far as the N. thorelii x aristolochioides only 12 seed grown plants came into the US. 9 have been distributed. As seedlings they were all very pretty with some minor variation in color, pitcher shape etc.

Nepenthes Sp. #1 EPP BE/Bonus plant/fully red/7/10/04

Cephalotus follicularis ‘German giant’ EPP TC/AW/Rec. mid ’03 w/rajah&J-finn/ much bigger

Heliamphora hetrodoxa x minor PFT Received 6/3/04 from PFT clearance sale tiny

Darlingtonia californica PFT Rec. 6/3/04 from sale, 1-2”

Phalaenopsis orchid (Purple spots on white) 5th Ave. GH Bought for $15
Oncidium tiger crow 'golden girl' 5th Ave. GH Saved from tiny pot
Phal. Taida Lawrence ‘D&B’ x Misty Moon ‘Jennifer’] Dotty Thompson GH 4/3/04
Phalaenopsis equestris DT GH Keiki planted free 4/3/04

Cacti Diana Assorted/summer ‘03
Tillandsia Archie’s GH Summer ‘03

EDIT: All- I am going back through some of my pictures from the good old days. I literally am blown away. I cannot recall what I did so well, my plants were amazing beyond my wildest dreams. I've been bitten HARD!! I need my fix ASAP, so please hook me up with some good dealers!! I may be getting a 70 gal afterall

Since this forum is supported by Dandy and he has his own store we can't publicly talk about vendors.

A lot has changed. We've got several new species now, too.

How do I find Dandy's store? Can anyone PM me a few links, caresheets, etc.? What new species?? I'm getting really excited about this, it's like the 'kid in a candy store' all over again!
And now a few pics to make me hurt even more...
actually, how do I attach pics nowadays?

Thanks for the links, these are really cool! None hit me quite like jacquelineae and talangensis did when they were first named, but the 'jamban' is really cool looking!
The spec. nov DA is really amazing though, I must say. Anybody talked to Tony lately? I know he's really busy, but just checking on him.

See N. lingulata yet? Or the HAIRY hamata? Or maybe you were still here when the hairy hamata came out.

personally i think lingulata is cool and I'd like to grow it at some point...but its not the most exciting. I mean all it is is an izumiae with a appendage.

Back