What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody pimping any neps?

I have a flowering miranda. If the pollen is any good, I'm wondering if anyone has some fine lady nepenthes lookin' for a little action.

I remember reading something about sterile mirandas and was wondering if that was just that plant or if for some reason, the entire species is shooting blanks.

This is the first nep that I've had flowering so I have no clue what to do with it. If it is good, I'd love to pass it along.

my fine lookin' lady ventricosa should start flowering soon...hasnt in a while for some reason...keep you updated!

How long do I have to play matchmaker before the pollen is useless? In other words, what is the lifespan of a typcial nep flower?

I think with bracts open and the flowers shedding pollen, 1-2 weeks

Miranda pollen is typically sterile....hate to be the bringer of bad news...

I guess no harm in trying, though, if someone doesn't mind risking a few female flowers.

If you did manage to get Miranda to successfully pollinate another female, that plant would most likely be in demand (like from me, for instance, lol).

I think Leilani has gotten it to work, so not all miranda are sterile. Though as schloaty says, thats definitely the exception much rather than the rule

I thought it was sterile, but wanted some verification.

No lady plants as of yet so I guess we'll never know about this one.

Back