What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i hate birds

The crazy bird is back at it again making holes in my pitchers. It stopped for a while because I cut off all the pitchers from the Viking and now that the Viking has started to pitcher again the bird has returned. I've got about 16 CDs hanging all over and the bird has probably become immune to their effects. I also have about 15 rubber snakes all over the table and in the media and all over the place and it seems that the bird has also become immune to those. What else can I do, short of buying a real cat to sit on my balcony 24 hours a day?

Sorry to see that. That's a very nice viking pitcher. Haven't seen any that big. Almost looks like bicalcarata.

Would one of those plastic fake owls scare your birds?

Might be worth a shot.........

What else can I do, short of buying a real cat to sit on my balcony 24 hours a day?
Sit out there yourself with a pellet gun.

edit: nevermind, I missed the part where you already tried my suggestion.

xvart.

phissionkorps has the right idea :-D

That bird sprinkler device is hilarious! Too bad pitchers sway in the wind and will likely trigger it more than a real bird.

I'm out of options here on what I can do sadly. I'll go start looking for fake owls and cats this weekend I suppose.

Is it possible to chicken wire the porch enough to keep birds out? Just a few small hooks and zip ties would hold it up. Plus let bugs through. You could also use fine netting to wrap your plant up if it's just that one that he's after. (that would probably keep bugs out too though)

I understand you!

HI!
I understand you perfectly!
I here in Italy had the same problems and I did not succed to get rid of them!
You have all my understanding!

Mr_Aga

Back