What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Growing up fast =]

glider14

Always a newbie
got all of these from the NECPS show except for one which ive had longer....the raff.
N. raffelsiana
IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1923.jpg

N. tentaculata(2 plants in one pot for the price of one plant! what a deal!) both of these pitchers were made under my care. right now its my favorite plant
IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

the same pitcher when it first opened
IMG_1925.jpg

N. clipeata x eymae
IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

N. albomarginata green....but i obviously has more color than just green. pretty.
IMG_1937.jpg

and the same pitcher with an older pitcher just a leaf behind it!.
IMG_1938.jpg

N. mira. finally producing a normal, bulky pitcher with a normal lid :)
IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

thats all for now!
Alex

nice! lookin' good! :D

Nice !
I am hoping to get more neps but I already got 4 yesterday :D
My mom won'tlet me get anymore within this month..........

thanks guys!
JM: what neps did you get?

Check my growlist the ones that say there seed grown...............

very nice mate. My mira is insanely small:

1782402201_353fa59d58.jpg

teh left pitcher has gone away. The right one is showing signs of going black as well. But, I was expecting that.

ooh,...dude....any pics of your talang? how is it doing? mine is insanely slow.

talang isn't that slow at all for me... it's made a leaf and developed a tendril since October. Gawd I love mira.

Nice! I can't wait to see how the N. clipeata x eymae turns out.

great little neps!
I find it fun to watch the pitchures change from juvenile to adult form:)

my talang is still nothing to look at unfortunately. i might trade it off as it isnt doing much. i also see it as horrendously slow....something compareing to my lowii... ugh...talk about SLOW! so is my izumiae.... anyways..

Varev: mira will want to bury its pitchers in...well anything. it gives the plant stability and allows the pitchers to grow larger IMHO this new pitcher is almost 1.5 the size of the last and the last didnt bury its pitcher.

Thanks for the comments everyone!
Alex

*sniff* they all grow up so fast! :-(

lol, great looking plants :)

Basically i got my talang on october 5th. Notice the growth point. (BTW..the pitcher as expected rotted away :( )

1478024419_fa125dceec.jpg

My next picture which I took was on october 28th. it finished the leaf and started growing a new one.

1783479692_aa1bb81634.jpg

BUT... till now....as of november 11th or whatever, the thing hasn't finished forming that leaf. ???

However, I gotta admit...its a cute plant...even without pitchers.

Varev: mira will want to bury its pitchers in...well anything. it gives the plant stability and allows the pitchers to grow larger IMHO this new pitcher is almost 1.5 the size of the last and the last didnt bury its pitcher.

Alex

Dude, firstly its just insane that you got all the nice wicked species of neps man! you got izumiae, aristolocoides, talangensis, tentaculata... man! you are freaking rocking! :boogie:
I would kill to get those plants at the reasonable prices that you got them. ;)

anyways.... notice that leaf with the budding pitcher tendril, since I got it like 3 weeks ago...the tendril has started growing and now its actually buried inside the moss. It is going to be interesting to see if it comes up with a pitcher even before a leaf. ;)

any of the "difficult" or rarer neps that i have really are pretty easy to grow. ive had no difficulties with any of them so far. i give them humidity, and open media, and airflow with a temperature drop at night POOF!...cake. however.... they arent as easy as a ventricosa or a sanguinea for example... they wouldnt be the first nep you would ever get...you need at least SOME experience before you get them.
Alex

Nice little raff, its going to try to take over your grow area in a couple years though!

Ahh.. I remember when mine was that size..

November of '05
babyraff.jpg

Today
bigraff.jpg

They really do grow up fast.. :cry:

Can't wait for the uppers though!

lol, i told you :)

Cool !
Tere is a possibility of me moving back to hawaii since my mom may go insane from 6 kids stuck in the house in the winter;especially since my mom homeschools them all ! Well It may happen then I could have a raff outside...

any of the "difficult" or rarer neps that i have really are pretty easy to grow. ive had no difficulties with any of them so far. i give them humidity, and open media, and airflow with a temperature drop at night POOF!...cake. however.... they arent as easy as a ventricosa or a sanguinea for example... they wouldnt be the first nep you would ever get...you need at least SOME experience before you get them.
Alex

But, the issue is getting those neps man! yeah...most of those highlanders that i mentioned are pretty alright to take care of. its just that they are hard to find or insanely expensive when u find them. So yeah...basically you got a steal during the plant show. :) fantastic man! :D I really want to get me an aristo sometime. :)

Back