What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Repotting splendiana x (spathulata x veitchii) seedlings

I have these Nepenthes splendiana x (spathulata x veitchii) seedlings that germinated in late April/early May, and they were not sown in the most correct way. They took a few months to germinate and in the times I sown them, I made some mistakes that I didn't realize at the time. I didn't have nothing besides pure peat to sow them and nothing to mix, and worse, when I sown I had the habit to compact the top soil a bit for the overall look of the pot to "look good" :headwall: As a result, some of the seedlings died as the roots couldn't go deeper and started to grow upwards instead...
Now I'm about to move them under lights for the winter (I grew them at the windowsill so far) and I was thinking to repot them before the move before they get even worse. I have peat, dried lfs and some aquarium grit. The main mix I'm thinking of is peat and lfs, favouring lfs in it.
What do you think? Advices apreciated ;)

This is their last group photo in October 21st, now there are a few more dead leaves
nepsmx2.jpg

Nice!!! I have not repotted mine yet, but they look a whole lot like yours. I believe you need a bit more airy mixture with bark, perlite etc..

With neps that small, choose your mix, fill a pot, dig a tiny hole.

Then, with tweezers GENTLY pluck the neps out of their current pot - dig around them a little to loosen the soil, and take some soil with them when you pluck. You should be able to gran the whole root system no problem, since they're so small - the root system won't be very large, either.

Back