What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool Nep clip from Planet Earth Series

This video clip focuses mainly on the crab spider that lives in pitcher plants, but it briefly shows a tadpole and some sort of crab at the end. Kinda cool. ~23 Mb

This video is from Episode 8 of the TV series "Planet Earth" - 'Jungles'. If you have problems playing the video, try VLC video player, which runs just about any type of video out there. This is currently hosted on Rapidshare as a free user, so the file link will expire after some time.

http://rapidshare.com/files/75311100/Nepenthes.avi.html

yeah! This will be my first purchase when I get me a HD DVD player / blueray + a high def TV. :p I don't want to bother with DVD ... I have seen the series in HD quality..and man! its unbelievable....the best documentary series to date. LOVE the JUNGLES episode. I am a fan and a total student of the great Sir David Attenborough. He is a truly a living legend. A true teacher, he is the voice of mother nature.

If you don't know...There is another series called THE PRIVATE LIFE OF PLANTS by BBC and Sir David made in 1996. Its the only comprehensive series on plants. In episode 2, there is VFTs, sarrs and nepenthes, Infact, seeing that clip is what started my obsession with the rajah. In episode 6 he takes us to Mt. Roraima and shows some Heli's, utricularia humbolt or whatever + some drosera.

I wrote a review of it if you are interested:

http://vraev.wordpress.com/

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

vraev, I have long been a fan of those videos. The shots on Mt. Roraima have never left my memory since I saw them.

There were some shots of some neps in expedition Borneo. They didn't go into detail on them, other than explaining how the traps work.

V, the private life of plants is great! SDA is great...what a killer friggin job. Almost as good as being one of the Beach Boys lol

Well, they didn't even explain the bical's relationship with camponotus schmitzi.:-(

That whole series is awesome, but I loved the attention to the spiders and Nepenthes. If only they would go into more detail, lol.

I bought the series for my dad for christmas; I can't wait to give it to him!

xvart.

yeah guys. I totally agree. I have seen the private life of plants series atleast 10 times so far. It never gets old for me. Especially Sir David's voice and his ability to teach. I am always mesmorised by his documentaries. Planet earth....aaah....if only they can make a series on plants of borneo in the same quality of planet earth with Sir David. Man, they can take my money right now in advance for the HD DVD even though I dont have the player or a HD TV. :p

yeah! I think Sir David has the best job on earth. He has literally seen more things on our planet than any living being. I would love to meet him in person one day. What a legend.

Yea, Planet Earth is sooo amazing. I was going to edit that clip from a HD source, but the rendering would have taken hours on my super slow comp. I can't even play HD (720P not even full 1080P) on my comp cuz it lags so badly (and each episode is 2.2 gigs). I originally watched them all on Discovery channel HD on my plasma TV though, and they were so amazingly incredible.

I'm about to check out these "the private life of plants" series right now. How much of it is actually on CPs? Is it all spread out over the 6 movies?

lol...I didn't want to say that becos "the episode files aren't legal". the legal source is the 1080p high def disks. lol! IN either case, yeah..the 720p ones are 2.2 gigs and 1080p ones are like 10gigs each. Instead its easier and faster and cheaper to just buy the original disk itself which is what I am going to do. ;)

Don't expect too much on CP's in private life of plants. There are around 3 segments on cp's... 2 in the second one. I actually have them on that blog of mine I posted in the first post. Check my blog page and go to that site...there u will find the videos. However the other segment is in the last episode which is also a very short segment.

However, private life of plants is just a must see to how dynamic plants are indeed. :)

Back