What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. "Rebbeca Soper" main vines diying?

I've gone though the search and didn't quite find the answer I was looking for so I'll explain.

My growing conditions a SW window light in a room that stays 23-25°C day and night humidity is a constant 70%. The N. "Rebbecca Soper" is the only Nep affected all others are growing well. My "Rebbecca Soper" has three main growth points off of two vines that have lost all but 2-3 leaves. Though these vines have produced 6 basal shoots (3 Per vine) that are growing very well. Should I worry about the main vines dying back or remove the basals so they don't weaken the main vines. Or let the basals grow, and see if the main vines make it though with out any help. Granted if the basals are let to grow and the main vines do die the plant will still be impressive as the basals are putting on good growth rather quickly. In advance thanks for your input.

I cut the main vine off and let the basals grow and try rooting the green part of the vine. Just my preference.

I will say the same:

Cut the healthy green part of the main vine add some rooting hormone to increase the odds on rooting and keep the basals growing...

Back