What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I haven't actually posted any pictures on this forum, but I got a camera for my birthday so I figure its about time I did.
Many of my Nepenthes are still settling in from the move 3 months ago, but things are FINALLY begganing to speed up!
Ventricosa
100_00061.jpg

Eymae
100_00361.jpg

Talangensis
100_00291.jpg

Truncata
100_00261.jpg

And I don't feel like making a seperate thread for the next two plants. BABY CEPHALALOTUS! My most treasured plant.:-D
100_00381.jpg

Drosera Capensis from a forum member
100_00351.jpg

My grow area with a shelf from Ikea
100_00021.jpg

I know...they are all very boring but that is soon to change once my plants fully adapt, I just have to be patient. Do you think that they are doing ok or am I just wasting my time? It seems to me that things are doing better than they were before, but yeah, please feel free to comment.

lol love the legos. What are you using for lighting?

very nice
is there a macro button on your camera? usually looks like a flower/tulip
press that button and you can get really close clear shots of your cps:)
peace,
zero

Do you think that they are doing ok or am I just wasting my time?

You are definately wasting your time. You should mail that N. eymae to me! Just kidding! Looking good. That poor truncata pitcher getting scrunched by the leaf...

xvart.

Thanks, that was fast! I'm using 120 volt, 19 watt, 60 hz. Florescant aquarium bulbs.
Zero, I have a macro butten and I was using it, but I am no photographer. I couldn't figure it out so I basically said screw this and switched to automatic. I'll have to get some sort of training.

Your eymae looks like it only has 3 good leaves on it, which points ot the fact that something is awry if thats the case...
How much peat is in that mix? Looks like a bit too much...

Your eymae looks like it only has 3 good leaves on it, which points ot the fact that something is awry if thats the case...
How much peat is in that mix? Looks like a bit too much...
Yes it is to moist I believe. I'm reppotting this weekend with more orchid bark.
Actually that Eymae has only been in my care for two months, and it's only made 2 leaves for me. I thought that the dark leaves were signs of good light levels? Or are the green ones the bad ones?

Actually, which 3 leaves would you consider healthy?

I had trouble with my eymae for a little while, but now it's recovered and healthy. The two leaves in two months is not out of character in my experience. It is not a super speedy grower.

It does appreciate a slight drying out period - not DRY, mind, but I suppose "less moist" period would be a better way of saying it.

Darker leaves ARE a sign of good light levels, provided it dark HEALTH leaves. Dark brown leaves are just dead leaves. Can't quite tell in your pic which is which after the first 2 1/2 green ones.

Might be worth your while to puts around with the macro feature and see if you can get a closer shot.

What schloaty said. Need a better pic to determine which leaves are good, and to judge whats wrong via the bad ones (which, there may be none of)

I've seen your eymae in person, it's leaves are fine :)
you should probably cut the sides of the pot on the ceph to make it shorter so the light doesn't get blocked so much by the pot. wow 19 watts of light is that bright? a 400W MH or something might just blind me. And yeah, the legos are cool, I was wondering what the forum would say to that :D
poor truncata. Nothing you can really do, I guess. I never knew a leaf per month was slow, that's like the speed of my maxima or sabre. Probably just my low humidity and my freakin' annoying tendency to let the pots dry up too much when trying to "encourage strong root growth."

and my freakin' annoying tendency to let the pots dry up too much when trying to "encourage strong root growth."
Thats a good thing. Not gunna stall your plants.

Back