What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some pics for your viewing pleasure

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
I know I always enjoy a photo thread, so here's my contribution. Most of my neps are still small, so the macro comes in handy. Windowsill grown, with flourescent help this season. The lighting for some reason came out quite yellow in some shots, doesn't look that way in reality.

Baby Bongso:
IMG_1222.jpg

Baby Bongso again:
IMG_2354.jpg

Bongso with potential victim (fungus gnat?):
IMG_1221.jpg

Singalana forming (I can't be the only one who thinks this looks...inappropriate lol!)
IMG_4714.jpg

Baby Singalana:
IMG_4724.jpg

Sanguinea:
IMG_4720.jpg

Sanguinea again:
IMG_4721.jpg

Ventricosa forming up:
IMG_3687.jpg

Ventricosa:
IMG_4726.jpg

Ventricosa:
IMG_4730.jpg

Ventricosa, fluid is visible:
IMG_4739.jpg

Ventricosa:
IMG_4736.jpg

Again:
IMG_4740.jpg

And again..:
IMG_4741.jpg

And finally:
IMG_4742.jpg

very very nice pics. :) good luck. the plants look very happy. :)

neps are my fav CP and then dews... love the pics keep them comin!!

Great pics!

Great macro shots! I love that ruffly edge on the ventricosa peristome. I think I'm going to have to add bongso to my list of wants now too. These photo threads always whip me into a frenzy of "I want one of those!" Maybe when spring comes I can trade away some more orchids for a nep fix.

Surprised those are doing so well in Houston (unless you use some sort of cooling system). Loving this weather we're having yesterday and today :D

lol @
IMG_4714.jpg

lol x 2 @ ^

Very nice pics! Thanks for sharing =). And I must agree, photo threads are my favorite. I needa contribute soon too =).

Great!! Excellent nepenthes and nice shot!
Thanks to your sharing.:-D

:-O

Thanks all! Photography is a hobby of mine, so I take tons of pics of everthing I can. I can't wait til these neps get bigger. Then I can take some really good shots.

Right now, my N. Red Leopard and Ramispina don't have any pitchers - but will soon - so no pictures of them for now.

phission - they are just grown indoors next to a south facing window. It's cool enough now we just keep the windows open. In the summer, they were kept around 75F in the day, 69F at night. We won't be in Houston much longer and will be moving back home to Utah later this year (or so we plan), thus the reason for highland plants/windowsill growing - so they will be used to what they will be getting later. I thought bout going with lowland, but they would be hard to grow up there without a greenhouse I'd imagine.

Love the pics! I like when you can see the fluid line on a nep.

Thanks all! Photography is a hobby of mine, so I take tons of pics of everthing I can.

I do too...but my camera is broken. :( I suuuuuuuuure do miss it...

Back