What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes Hybrids

Are Nep Hybrids sterile or will they produce flowers with male/female parts?

Thanks

the beauty of neps, like sarracenia, is that they can cross and cross and cross and cross! there is no limit to the possibilities! only a few clones of neps are sterile. like the Deroose ventrata, miranda and a few others. but in general they arent sterile.

but from your context i think you are trying to ask if they are self fertile. no. because they are only one gender. PK is doing some kinda work with gender switching. dunno how that is going though.
Alex

the beauty of neps, like sarracenia, is that they can cross and cross and cross and cross! there is no limit to the possibilities! only a few clones of neps are sterile. like the Deroose ventrata, miranda and a few others. but in general they arent sterile.

but from your context i think you are trying to ask if they are self fertile. no. because they are only one gender. PK is doing some kinda work with gender switching. dunno how that is going though.
Alex

oh ok, and i knew they were single sex :)

for some reason, i was thinking like donkey+horse=sterile mule

PK is doing some kinda work with gender switching. dunno how that is going though.
Waiting for this one flower to finish developing, then writing a short article about it. Don't think it worked this time around. I need to change the solvent I think.

PK, your creepy.
sex changes on plants?!
hahahahha well, i would love to know how for later on :3

Miranda ? Bummer the women who has it says it is flowering bummer :(

Back