What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes splendiana x (spathulata x veitchii) seedlings

These seedlings are 9months old and germinated in my windowsill back in April.
I got the courage to repot them in November, by the reasons explained in the thread I opened back then and now, nearly 2months after the reppoting they did quite well, only losing some older leaves and growing new ones :D Considering the losses I was having in the old mix (or no mix at all just pure peat :crazy: ) I can say for sure this was worth the risk :-D
I leave you with a couple of pics ;)

nep06800x564fn8.jpg

nep05800x568dx8.jpg

Btw these seeds are from an offer from Tropics, anyone else here with these seeds? Just to know how yours are doing ;)

Very nice! That should be a real great looking cross!

An update, almost 3 years old, the only survivor. This seedling went through a year of almost no growth at all, but it seems to be getting on the way now :) All the other seedlings died about a year ago all of a sudden (can't remeber exactly the time) and this one is all that's left.

Still tiny but finally showing some improvement
img6956filtered.jpg

Looks really good! I love the profusion of nectar glands (I assume that's what the dots are?)

Back