What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Today I went to go meet up with another San Diego grower, and he had an amazing greenhouse stuffed with Neps (I believe he is Ludwig777 here). He hooked me up with a Ventricosa x Maxima, Ventricosa x Ovata, Rokko Exotica, and Thorelii x Mixta. The Thorelii x Mixta was HUGE, probably like 6 feet long, so I didn't take a pic of it, but I made a cutting to put in my terrarium and put the vine outside.

Well I went home to go pot up my new neps, and the mailman rings the doorbell with even more Neps from Clint! Lol So now I'm really pressed for space, and I had a ton of potting to do. I received a Tentaculata, Ramispina, Ventricosa x Trusmadiensis, Singalana, and a Sanguinea x Macfarlanei. I am sooo stoked! Heres a couple pics, plus one of a pitcher from Thorelii x Trusmadiensis that Ludwig received from Srduggins. It is quite nice. Ludwig also had a VERY nice Lowii x Truncata that was simply stunning. I have to take some pics of his plants some time, they are awesome... but anyway heres the plants I received (minus the Thor x Trus).

Ludwig Cuttings:
Ludwigcuttings.jpg

Clint Cuttings:
ClintNepCuttings.jpg

Clintrootedcuttings.jpg

Thorelii x Trusmadiensis: (Man I have to get me one of these!)
ThorelliixTrusmadiensisPitcherCutti.jpg

Glad you enjoy them :) Give the N. ramispina and Ventricosa x TM cuttings a little extra TLC since I only had them a very short while. The N. ramipsina Cutting I originally got was long enough for me to cut up several time so I'm glad I could provide you with some.

Score! Very nice :)

Very nice,Iuse the clear cups for rooting with live sphagnum since the stuff grows everyhwere including the sides of the cups

I'd also love to get my grubby meathooks on a thorelii x tm. A very nice plant indeed.

Funny to see my thorelii x TM pitcher making the rounds. Little did she know when I woke up Monday morning that she was about to become a world traveler. If I'm not mistaken, I believe that ramispina cutting originally came from me too. Talk about jet lag. Here's a pic of the ramispina pitcher from that clone:
P1000855.jpg

and a newly opened upper that was growing in the shade:
P1040047.jpg

Fantastic plants Daniel! I bet those Thorelii x Mixta pitchers will be pretty sweet!

It was from you! That cutting you gave me was about two feet long lol! I had enough for about five cuttings. You're too generous!

Lol thanks for that Steve :). That thorelii x TM clone you have is outstanding. Imma have to look for one of those in the future. And thx to both you and clint for the ramispina =D, much appreciated =D. Nice Ramispina pitchers you have there too btw =D.

lol! nice plants dude. But personally I would kill to get a trusmadiensis itself. :p lol!

I received a Tentaculata
from one person to the next :) haha nice selection of plants!!

Alex

Awesome stuff!

The "Effulgent Koto" cross is really a nice plant, it has almost neon-yellow upper pitchers and is a VERY vigorous grower! I love the red midrib in the leaves.

(ignore the scale on the plant lol)

DSCN0681.jpg

Ludwig's is a little different than mine IIRC

I need to network a little more. I have been gone too long. All these nice plants getting passed around, I'm missing out!

Very nice plants!! Very nice indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Here's the thorelii x mixta vine that Daniel got===add about 2 more feet...:0o:
P9036085.jpg

Here's the Rokko Exotica he got:
PB166244.jpg

And here's the Effulgent Koto he got:
DCP_1269.jpg

Good luck with those Daniel!

And the Rokko is a frisky female too!

yes, lots of flowers on that one...I should clarify that he got a cutting of the rokko, not the whole plant...but the thorelii x mixta is all his.:-O Steve, still stoked about the you-know-what!!!!!!

Lol those plants are going to be excellent! I can't wait for some pitcher-action :). That thorelii x Trusmadiensis should be really sweet too :). Thanks again! (just finished reorganizing some to make room for the cuttings and some new plants coming in soon) yay!

Back