What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haven't done a roundup of pictures for a while, so I took the camera down to the growroom and shot a few.

Here's my first N. burkei pitcher. It's still small but makes me happy:
N-136.jpg

N. boschiana just keeps making big ones:
N-145.jpg

N. ephippiata:
N-144.jpg

This one is the posterchild for cold tolerance. It's been outdoors all winter, and we've even had a light freeze:
N-143.jpg

A little rajah with a couple pitchers and more coming:
N-142.jpg

Someone else posted a N. platychilla earlier that was beginning to get a widened peristome. So's mine!
N-141.jpg

N. ovata:
N-140.jpg

Oooohhhh N. jamban. This one seems like a good grower!
N-139.jpg

Here's a pair. N. vent x TM, and N. truncata x (stenophyla x lowii)
Pairofpitchers.jpg

N. x Black Dragon - I'm happy with this hybrid:
N-138.jpg

And finally, N. ramispina uppers
N-137.jpg

Max

Wow those are some good looking plants!

Nice! Especially the N. boschiana, VERY sexy.

I'M MOVING INTO YOUR BASEMENT.

I love your boschiana. Mine is still busy trying to grow roots and being stuck in suspended animation. I bought it as a rooted cutting, but my dog's tail ripped it out of the pot and it's been recovering for a while (now in better conditions though).
That vent x aristo looks different that I would've expected.
Platychila, ephippiata, etc, etc, etc, etc. Hats off to you sir.

Thanks! PK, I mislabeled the picture with the two pitchers - that one is N. vent x TM. The outdoors plant is vent x aristo.

Capslock

jealous :grin:
what species is the poster for cold tolerance? I thought ti was khasiana.

jealous :grin:

I believe he said Vent. x Aristo in reference to the one outside, and that is kind of what it looks like too.

VERY nice pics Max... I can't determine which one is the nicest... they are all sooo amazing. Gotta love that Platychila, Ephipiata, and Rajah especially :).

Max, you are very talented and believe me, it shows in your awesome success with your plants. I wish you all the best and most definitely, hats off!!! ;)

Damn! that rajah gives me a heart attack. Fantastic Max. Just fantastic. That jamban, rajah, platychilla.... sheesh! wow! thats like a dream. :)

very respected grower among us aren't you
I want to do a grow room like yours sooner than oneday.

Great looking plants. The N. ramispina is my favorite. My vine is about 4-5' long but still producing lowers. Do you think your ramispina will flower soon?
Also love the N. jamban. Looks like the N. flava I'm growing. By the way the N. hamata I got from you is growing tremendously. Thanks again.

I believe he said Vent. x Aristo in reference to the one outside, and that is kind of what it looks like too.

Thats exactly what it is. I have this same cross (a basal from the plant in the pic) and it does quite well for me outdoors. I moved mine inside for the winter though along with all the rest of my Neps. Of all of them, that one showed the least stress from the cold temps.

Great pics as always Max!!

Cheers
Steve

Great plants and pics as always Caps, love the ovata and jamban.

Very very very nice. Makes mine look weak! Thanks for sharing. I definitely want to know your secret! Also want to know where you get all your plants from LOL We need to talk. :-D

Max, friqin awesome man!! Great shots! GREAT PLANTS!! How long have you had the rajah for? I gotta come over and check out your collection one day!

Bravo!

DANG!

You, Sir, are rapidly moving up the ranks of highly respected nep growers!

Holy smoke!

I think he is already up there as a respected nep grower. ;) lol! max, do you mind showing me pics of your other rajahs?? I know you had one in a widde pot wiht a couple of sudews in them which looked amazing. :)

As always.. they are gems!

Wow. What excellent specimens. The rajah is especially nice. So is the black dragon, which are impossible to find anymore.

Back