What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes ramispina, suitable conditions?

Ant

Your one and only pest!
Well, I just wanted to make sure that my conditions sound like it won't cause any minor problems to the plant. I plan to keep the plant on a East facing window and when it gets warm enough I will put it outside rain or shine (but not bad thunderstorms:blush: ). I am using a peaty mix for the soil in a 3" pot hooping for the best.

I really love this plant, the first new leaf was green with a deep red vein going rigth through it, and the next pitcher has finially started to inflate.

I have two N. ramispina's now and a basal coming at the base of the vine on one. This is a very beautiful Nep, one of my favorites. I had another but died this past Nov 07. Plant grows very well inthe winter and slow in summer. The main thing is it is a interm/highlander so need a temp drop of 10 to 15F at night. Should be no problem in Mass. except maybe during summer months. Also I currently grow mine in enclosures/needs high humidity to pitcher as most Neps. It has been challenging for me here in Al. to get temps right but finally did and now have a 6' vine. Hopefully get uppers soon.
The man who has the touch with ramispina goes by the monicker of Capslock on this forum. He has helped me with my ramispina questions. Have him show/search for picture of his awesome specimen. Although mine is looking nice now also.

Back