What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown (lowland) Nepenthes pest

obregon562

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating.
Supporter
Hey guys!

on a couple of my lowland neps, i have started to notice little white bug-things on their leaves. There are alot of them...and they turn the leaf from a nice green to an ugly brownish purple red spot. It is afflicting my 'caeser', mirabilis/anamensis, possibly my bical and maybe my 'effulgent koto'.

Any help is greatly appriciated...will post pics when i can!

Thanks!
Frankie

sounds like some homopterans. Put some rubbing alcohol on them via cotton swab

Could be mealybugs. I second the rubbing alcohol. Most likely have piercing-sucking mouthparts and are killing the leaf that way.

Hey guys!

on a couple of my lowland neps, i have started to notice little white bug-things on their leaves. There are alot of them...and they turn the leaf from a nice green to an ugly brownish purple red spot. It is afflicting my 'caeser', mirabilis/anamensis, possibly my bical and maybe my 'effulgent koto'.

Did they start off as little white specks, but then turn into little pale brown things about the shape of a teardrop?

I had a similar fellow occur on my talangenesis and caeser. They were also causing ugly purple/red spots wherever they appeared. I diagnosed it as scale, and treated it with a neem oil/water/soap spray.

Back