What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. campanulata flowering - male or female?

Cindy

Staff member
The plant puts out a flower stalk after every 2-3 leaves. I am tired of cutting it and decided to let the flower stalk grow larger.

I read here that the flower buds are atypical in shape compared to other Neps. They look male at the moment. Anyone interested in pollen? Or is there anyone has got the species flowering too? Or stored pollen (if this happens to be a female)?

Here is how they look like.
camp_flowerstalk.jpg

camp_flowerstalk1.jpg

Hi,

and congrats on the coming flowers. At this stage I would agree with you that it is male, but I would give it bit more time to be sure. From what I have seen male inflorescences have more flowers, like yours...so this could be another indication that it is male. Sadly my female is not in flower at this time.

Regards,

Christer

The flower stalk is to young to tell if it's a male or female.
It'll be easier if you post a pic when they open.

as Chirster said....campanulata flowers look very similar or same to eachother. the only way to know is when it open.

Alex

Back