What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few quick Nepenthes pictures

Looking very Good!!!

I to like the multicolored striped peristomes.

-Josh

I am jealous at the size of your dragons and sabra! Mine are still on the smaller size. Well the Marbled dragon is putting on some size, but not the red or black.

Nice looking plants BTW.

Thanks for the comments everyone. It's a funny story about that N. Red Dragon. I actually traded it and a few other plants to someone. Then, a couple weeks later, I was in another multiple plant trade with that same person and ended back with it! It's like a lucky penny, I suppose, because I always end up with it!

xvart.

Last edited:
Wow, I REALLY like the N. ephippiata. Dangit, I think I have the Nepenthes bug. DANGIT!

Wow, I REALLY like the N. ephippiata. Dangit, I think I have the Nepenthes bug. DANGIT!

I wish I could post an updated photo of it; but, that was one that lost everything during "the drought" and hasn't finished any pitchers, yet. Once it opens up the next pitcher I'll update.

xvart.

Since the lighting was better and I'm getting used to this ladies camera I borrowed, I took some more pictures, with some more close ups of the peristomes.

N. Red Dragon - I think I remember reading a thread somewhere about the cracked peristome being a common "problem" among x Red Dragon plants. Anyone else have any experience with with problem? It has happened on at least the last two pitchers produced. As you can see, in the last two days, the peristome has already lost significant amount of the obvious stripes.

DSCN3514.jpg

DSCN3498.jpg

N. alata "boshiana mimic" - this pitcher opened up since the last picture two days ago.

DSCN3495.jpg

DSCN3532.jpg

N. Black Dragon - a pitcher that is about to open. This particular clone isn't getting as dark as the smaller clone that I traded to rattler a while back. It's receiving the same amount of light, although I have moved it a little bit because the tendrils are so long they would grow pitchers through the wire frame of my shelf. I suppose that could be the culprit. See this thread to see what I'm talking about.

DSCN3519.jpg

DSCN3494.jpg

N. Sabre - Another just about to open up. It's going to be a nice week.

DSCN3491.jpg

DSCN3526.jpg

N. sanguinea - some bloody nectar.

DSCN3533.jpg

DSCN3504.jpg

N. spectabilis - just a little juvenile.

DSCN3524.jpg

And finally, this darn N. 'Medusa' that has only given me one small pitcher since I got it almost a year ago (I think). I'm hoping with summer coming and my apartment warming up it will start to show me some love. I'm thinking this would be a nice donation to the NASC auction, too.

DSCN3509.jpg

All for now.

xvart.

Last edited:
Wow the necar on that sanguinea is amazing!

Wow the necar on that sanguinea is amazing!

Want a taste? The bloody nectar is actually pretty tame right now. On some of my older pitchers the blood was literaly running down the outside of the pitcher and all over the peristome. It was something else. There was this thread over a year ago (thanks to the new forum feature for easily telling me that!) started by capslock with his bleeding sanguinea.

xvart.

How big is the new pitcher on the boschiana mimic? I just had one open while I was gone this weekend thats at 5.5"

How big is the new pitcher on the boschiana mimic? I just had one open while I was gone this weekend thats at 5.5"

It's probably between 5.5" and 6". It would be closer to six if it wasn't curved around because of the where it inflated.

xvart.

Back