What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help

Help needed with my N.ventricosa it hasnt had pitchers for about two months and the leaves are slighlty wilted i have had the plant about a year and for most the time i have had it it has been loaded with pitchers
any help would be appreciated.

thanks nathan

Sounds like root rot! You don't sit it in water, do you?

are the old leaves wilting or the new leaves?

if it's the old leaves, it could be just because it's winter... if not and it's the new growth, then it could be root rot...

My typical vent is not pitchering either. Nathan, but it is still growing. I am not sure what is up with it, but Ventricosa hotlips on the other hand is pitchering nicely. Maybe it is something with the typical venticosa. Maybe I need to move it into a slat basket like the vent hotlips.

What are your conditions like?

Oh I just read the wilted leave part. Hmmmm I would have to tend to go with Clint's assumption. How long is the plant? Can you top it and take a cutting from it? I would start thinking about that if there is root rot. I would try to get it into a 100% humidity environment to stabilize it and entice it to grow again and rehydrate it.

The plant keeps making new leaves and thay are wilting as well and it has been raining here on and off for a couple of months

The plant also stands about 30cm high and a new shoot coming out of the base

One of my nepenthes start doing the same the last year: no pitchers, new leaves but all wilted... then one day I got a basal and after that the main vine just got worst and finally die.

I wasn't able to discover why this happend, the rest of my plants never show any problem or signal of any situation with the current conditions, all keep growing and pitchering with no problem and actually the bassal is there growing like nothing, still small but it is pitchering and is doing good.

I'm looking to repot it on a small pot but I want to wait until get more big and strong on this summer.

Thanks for the help i will just leave the plant and see what happens

Back