What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rain, flood and neps

Soon the monsoon rain will be over and path the way for a hot and warm months ahead.

The heavy rain flooded many lowland and neps that lie in the area were partially submerge, a strange landscape transformed.

It's interesting to note that the onslaught of monsoon rain, the occassional heavy rain battering the neps soft waxy leaves and the fragile young plants, albeit protection from the shrubs, ferns and foliages from the taller trees, brings a temporary respite.

Gracilis seem to benefits most as they crawl along the forest floors.

raff. elongata

DSCN2323.jpg

DSCN2325.jpg

interesting raff. tricolour. The lid resembling raff, probably rafflesiana x hookeriana ?

DSCN2343.jpg

DSCN2334.jpg

DSCN2336.jpg

DSCN2330.jpg

DSCN2327.jpg

DSCN2326.jpg

DSCN2328.jpg

:grin:

Incredible photos. Thanks for uploading.

Really cool.

Wow! It has been my life long dream to get to do what you are doing! Thanks so much for sharing the amazing photos, and the story of your quest!

those amps are beautiful! The pitchers look HUGE!

Very very nice rbjong! You are very fortunate to be there :).

Great photos. I'd love to someday see neps in their natural environment.

CPs in their natural environment always stun me, but Neps are the best. It is so cool to see them where they belong, in their prime conditions. Think of how old some of those plants must be!

Wow. Are those gracilis in the last several pics?

Thanks everyone for the comments and viewing. Jeff,those of the last 3 are gracilis.

Fantastic. I'm certainly jealous. Are those tendrils all over the place in the last two pictures? They are insane! Some of those conditions make me laugh like the one in the middle of the creek.

xvart.

Those "in the wild" shots are great. I love pics like that.
thumbs_up.gif

Back