What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exotic Lady & Lady Pauline

I was cleaning out my terrariums yesterday, and I figured I would snap a couple shots of these reverse crosses: Exotic Lady and Lady Pauline. Exotic Lady is Maxima (dark) x Talangensis, and Lady Pauline is Talangensis x Maxima (dark). Prior to purchasing the plants I had wondered how subtle the differences between the reverse crosses are, so I figured I would take the pics of the plants side by side in case anyone else is considering buying one of these crosses. I am really fond of the Lady Pauline, as the leaves seem to be shorter with similar sized traps, and the pitchers are darker. The Exotic Lady is a bit wider and has a prominent heart-shaped peristome. So far they both seem to be extremely easy, steady growing hybrids.

Exotic Lady on the Left and Lady Pauline on the Right in all the pics:
ExoticLadyandLadyPaulineWhole.jpg

ExoticLadyandLadyPaulinepitcherclos.jpg

ExoticLadyandLadyPaulinepitchers.jpg

Wow! Very nice!! I like the Lady Pauline as well with the darker colors. But really both are outstanding! Thanks for sharing!

WOW! Beautifull Ladies!
Well grown indeed.

Thanks for the responses :). I'm glad you enjoyed them.

very nice :)

Great job nepethes, can we see more pics of your setup? Thanks for sharin.

Nice pitchers!! They are beautiful.:-O
Thanks to your sharing.
Duckking really like to see your photos.

Great job nepethes, can we see more pics of your setup? Thanks for sharin.

My setup isn't anything amazing, but since you asked, I figured I would take a pic:

NepRacks.jpg

I have more plants on a rack outside and 2 more 20 gallon high tanks as well, but the majority of my plants are grown on those racks.

very nice plants and setup :)

Thanks alot nepenthes! My setup is starting to like yours. I see you have alittle spag just in case :)

Thanks again for the comments everyone :).

Thanks alot nepenthes! My setup is starting to like yours. I see you have alittle spag just in case :)

Lol yea, I bought a bunch of extra bricks of sphag, perlite, bark, sand, and peat. I have a ton of pots and 5 gallon buckets of premixed media. I learned my lesson after I procrastinated when a Nep order came in the mail, and I was stuck buying ingredients and pots in a rush.

Nice looking pitchers. Honestly, I'm not really a fan of these crosses. I myself have a N. 'Lady Pauline' and don't really like it that much. I suppose it's because there is such predominant N. talangensis traits and I don't find N. talangensis traits that attractive.

Regardless, your pitchers are fantastic. It will be interesting to follow both crosses as they mature, especially since they are currently so close in size. Keep us posted.

xvart.

Back