What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burbidgeae Recovery

I got some Burbidgeaes some months ago at a highly discounted price because they had went through some severe shock (real bad) where the vendor was selling them. So I figured I would buy the rest of his plants and nurse them back to health. They have all survived, and a couple of them are doing quite nicely. The one below is producing the largest pitchers so far, so I repotted it into a new medium, since the LFS it came in was looking horrendous (as seen in the pic).

If anyone has some pics of their burbidgeaes please share them here, as I really love the look of this plant and would like to see your pics :). Thanks.

BurbidgeaeWholePlantOldCrappyMoss.jpg

BurbidgeaePitcherWhole.jpg

BurbidgeaePitcherCloseup.jpg

What an excellent plant! I have one, but its only starting to make a pitcher for me...
I suppose if I get the time, I'll post it.

Very nice! Congratulations! Wow to look at them, you wouldn't thank they have ever seen hard times! How many plants did you buy from that vendor? Thanks for posting the photos. :)

Very beautiful :) what a recovery!

very nice!

fantastic plant. :D WOW!

Thanks for the comments everyone :).

Very nice! Congratulations! Wow to look at them, you wouldn't thank they have ever seen hard times! How many plants did you buy from that vendor? Thanks for posting the photos. :)

I bought 8 from him, but I gave one away to a local Nep grower (who doesn't post on any forums). I offered one to Ludwig as well but he had one and it wasn't doing so good so he thought he would probably kill it.

Very nice. I think I have one of them coming, but not sure. Nice plant though. How many more did you say you had?

Very nice. I think I have one of them coming, but not sure. Nice plant though. How many more did you say you had?

Thanks :). They really are great plants. I still have 7, but it might be 6 soon.

Hi Daniel,
I am very glad the plants went into good hands. You are doing a fantastic job with them.
Don Elkins

Hey Don!

Thanks for the post :). I'm very glad you gave some feedback and were able to see how your plants are doing. Although the plants were slow to bounce back, they were never really dying :), just stressed. Anyway, thanks again!

Daniel

Can't wait for mine to recover.

Was packed up nicely, with BIG RED LETTERS that said THIS END UP. How was it left on the stoop? You got it. Upside down. So the new leaves broke off - not QUITE the growth point, but close enought that the next few leaves won't do anything.

Wow those look nice!

I like the white coloration, I wonder how they'd fair as a windowsill plant

Wow those look nice!

I like the white coloration, I wonder how they'd fair as a windowsill plant

always wondered that too....it is FAIRLY forgiving with temperature. though i hear its a tad touchy with humidity and sometimes it will for no reason halt growth for very long periods of time. but as far as the touch with humidity goes....i heard that with fusca Sarawak...and yet it grows and pitchers beautifully in as low as 20% humidity for me.

Alex

WoW~ They are beautiful. :-O
Duckking have 2, but they are still babies.
Hope one day can be like yours.:-D
Thanks to your excellent photos.

Thanks for all the comments everyone :). Thx Duckking, you always post such kind comments :).

I am not sure how they would fare as a windowsill plant either... I initially bought so many so I could grow a few outside and in windows, but they have been in tanks to give them nice humidity levels to speed up their recovery.

its really a great plant....however, I wouldn't go for it right now personally as it needs to get to a size like that to make those beautiful pitchers and the critical issue for me is room. But it is nice to see burbs from other growers. :)

Very nice plant, how big is it? I see that the pitcher is starting to look like one would expect from this species. Mine still have the boring juvenile pitchers, and I am still anxiously waiting to see pitchers like your plant have.

Regards,

Christer

Hey Christer,

Thanks for the comment. The plant is about 30 cm diameter (from largest leaf to largest leaf), and the first pitcher is about 8 cm (not including the lid), and the second pitcher is about 11.5 cm (not including lid).

Thanks again, and I hope to see your plant once it gets a little bigger :). I just love this species.

Back