What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some nep pics

hi all
i've been enjoying everyone elses pics for a while now and i finally got a camera so i thought i would post a few. enjoy!
My Terrarium
IMG_0106.jpg

sanguinea
6-1.jpg

4-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

and my currant favorite. look at those beautiful leaves.
sibuyanensis X hamata
1-1.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

truncata
1.jpg

7.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

hope you enjoyed them.
thank you.
darren

Very nice! I like the Sib x Hamata too.

Very nice dking :). I love Sib x Hamata, and interestingly enough it seems like there are a few different clones out because yours looks fairly different from mine. Nice coloration on the leaves too... how much light are you giving it? My hamata has similar colored leaves but my sib x hamata sitting right next to it has green leaves still.

Thanks for sharing :).

Gorgeumus! Very nice dking! Wow that sibuyanensis X hamata is a beauty. What kind of lighting setup do you have? Thanks for uploading.:)

lights

hi i'm glad you like them.
originally i had them in a windowsill and the leaves of the sib x hamata as well as the peristomes were green. then i put them in an old fish tank wraped it in mylar and added 2 6500k cfl's in plain shop lights from lowes with peices of cloths pins to elevate the lights off the glass to cut the heat. since then the leaves have colored up nicely into a dark red almost purple with a line of green still in the middle giving them a verigated look and the peristomes are now red and there are additional speckles. my truncata pitchers have also colored nicely; you can see the green pitcher is still from when they were in the window.

IMG_0117.jpg

im glad people like them.
thank you
darren

Wow! Now thats a light box! :-O Thats the way to go. I have an old 55 gal that I may use with mine. At present I have my sanguinea, and truncata in an east window, and I don't thank the light there getting is cutting it. I may just try a setup like that with mine. Thanks for the info. :)

dking - plants look great...Your lighting choice is working very well - nice job!!

(nepenthes - according to BE's price list, the N. sibuyanensis x hamata plants are seed grown)

dking - plants look great...Your lighting choice is working very well - nice job!!

(nepenthes - according to BE's price list, the N. sibuyanensis x hamata plants are seed grown)

Ohh awesome, thanks for the reply killerplantsguy :). I didn't see that. Gotta love seed grown :).

everything is looking fantastic. :D

Back