What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My brother in law hooked me up!

schloaty

Staff member
AGAIN!

This was an early b-day present (very early, but since these things aren't always available when you want them, you have to get them when you can.

Just got:
N. reinwardtiana
N. dubia :-O
N. ampularia 'Harlequin' (spelling? I can't even FIND this on the web to verify) :hail:

I'll post photos in a month or so, once they've had a chance to (at least start to) acclimate.

Woot! Congrats :).

That is the correct spelling of Harlequin. It is the same amp previously known as "tricolor" from BE.

Congrads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to pictures. I just ordered a N. reinwardtiana myself! Should be here this month sometime. Happy early birthday!

Thanks for the tidbit, Nepenthes.

I think I knew that, but had completely forgotten!

JB, I used to have a reinwardtiana, but it died on me. Still don't know why, but I think it was a fungal infection.

At any rate, it was a difficult grower while I had it as a highland...then I moved it to lowland and it did much better. Produced a couple impressive traps...then I decided to try it outide. Caught what must have been an entire ant colony in one of its pitchers.

Then there were a couple of hardships - a hard fall, a cool spell, another fall...sheesh.

Time to try again - I really liked that plant.

Congrats on the new plants...pics when they arrive please. :D

Back