What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Neps at Home Depot and Lowes

bluebird

Rub my belly!
I was wondering when do Home depot and Lowes usually get Nepenthes plants?

I'm guessing sometime in spring or summer, but I'd like to know since I don't go there alot unless I really need something.

They're usually always there when I go. Big clear plastic cubes with plants about to die inside. Don't look anywhere the sun shines, because they always seem to be under a shelf or otherwise in the dark every time I look for them.

Well mine had them all through winter. In the deep dark corner of the store. It's hit or miss.

Sadly, I think my Lowes stopped carrying them, any CPs for that matter. Happy for the plants but sad for me.

The home depot near me only has/had ventrata, when ever i find them, they are half dead, the soil is bone dry, and the are given barely any light.

Thanks for the help I might go there this weekend to check and give a good look incase I missed them if there is none I'll check back later in the spring time.

It appears that in our area Neps. don't make it on their stock list. Every time I visit there's the obligatory trip thru the garden center. Only found a Nep. once a couple of years ago. I'd give Andy a look, his will be in better shape too.

The only Neps I've ever encountered at these places has been the 'Judith Finn'.

Rather bland, but a great beginner's plant.

Back