What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truncata, maxima, aristo, macfarlanei, fusca

Nepfreak

Nepenthesian
N. maxima, this pitcher's about 6 inches high
DSCF1062-1.jpg

Truncata highland
DSCF1058-1.jpg

ARISTOLOCHIOIDES!!!!!!!
I'm AMAZED this thing pitchered for me in 20% humidity.
DSCF1091.jpg

pilosa x veitchii, looking more like daddy
DSCF1028-1.jpg

macfarlanei. If you look in the background you'll see the stickynote I left when I went to Paris to remind the person taking care of my neps how often to water :)
DSCF1045.jpg

finally, a fusca flared from BE
DSCF0984-1.jpg

ENJOY! :))

Very nice Nepfreak :). All your plants look wonderful. How easy do you find that Macfarlanei to be? I've been considering getting one.

macfarlanei's been a piece of cake. Both of those pitchers were made in 20% humidity on a growshelf in a windowsill under a metal halide. It doesn't seem to mind low light levels -- it pitchered through the winter. It's kinda slow though.

Very nice! What about the aristo, what temps is it in?

Great neps. I was surprised when I started growing neps that they pitchure in low humidity.

Aristo's in temps at about 68 consistently. Room temp!

Wow! nice aristo. I am getting me one as well. :D YAY!!!

:-O Oh~ Excellent !! Nice Nepenthes!!
Really love that fusca.
Thank you my friend.:banana2:

Awesome!! im jealous of your truncata....mine fails to please me.... incredibly slow(hey! its on its 3rd leaf since september....my lowii is growing faster...) and the pitcher size isnt there... nice a risto too. mine is finally growing and pitchering consistently. leaves are getting bigger too :)

Alex

Both my truncatas are so criminally slow, it's painful. One is making either its 2nd or 3rd leaf since July.

Very Nice!

I was also surprised when I found out how easy aristo would grow, mine now has a pitcher on every leaf and in time yours will too.

Both my truncatas are so criminally slow, it's painful. One is making either its 2nd or 3rd leaf since July.

I'm in agreement here. I've had mine since June or July (I think) and it has made three leaves. Oh well, as long as it's healthy I suppose I'm happy... lol.

My N. aristolochioides just went to plant heaven about a month ago. It was very small and I don't think it could handle the unstable temperatures in my apartment over the winter. Disappointing, but it was fun while it lasted! Although, I think the novelty of N. aristolochioides has worn off for the time being and I will be satisfied not having it until I can better supply adequate and stable temperature drops.

xvart.

I love ARISTO!!!,your maxima is particularly nice but so are your other neps.

Back