What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowii growth point ....black spot

vraev

Carnivorous plant enthusiast
Admin
Hi guys,

I am firstly excited that I got me this new fantastic sized lowii.

However, excitement turned to fear as I spotted this black spot. It would be ok if it was on old growth..but this is right on the growth point. Shoot!

What can I do...I just potted up the plant.... 50% lfs, 50% bark... chips of charcoal sprinkled....and thats it for media.

2346371343_1874e97f57_o.jpg

2347200572_92e1ab6288_o.jpg

2346371393_4af23f4d80_o.jpg

I don't know if this took place due to the shipping in the cold weather...but I am scared. I don't want to loose such a nice big lowii. My very first infact. :(

any help or opinions would be appreciated.

thanks,

Varun

Mmmm~:-(

The black spot isn't too big!
Maybe it is hurt by transport.
Maintain good environment for it.
If the new leaf is all right, it should be ok!
Just give it more time to recover.
Don't worry about it.

Duckking was really happy for you, that you get such excellent lowii.
Congratulations! Duckking wish you all nepenthes healthy.:-D

thanks mate. :) yeah! I really like it. Can't wait for signs of life from this baby...unfortunately its among the slowest plants on earth.

what a coincident, my miranda just got the same exact thing on the top of one it's main stems.

should be fine. just went through a lot on it's way to you.

thanks guys! :) It sure is a beautiful plant. Michael just let me know the exact same thing .. that it would probably have been the stress on that flexible growing part of the new leaf that has caused trauma in that tissue.

But still though....being me....I will keep my eye on it and wait for signs of life to spring up..i.e., leaf finishing before I am satisfied that its truly alright. ;)

if it's the kind of black spot I had on my lowii, it will spread rapidly until the whole plant is black.
But it's not! And you'll know if it is pretty fast. Mine got root rot because I was such a newb and had it waterlogged and in stagnant conditions.

Back