What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red spots on N.rafflesiana leaves

Hi,

My N.rafflesiana (and to a lesser extent my N.coccinea) have unhealthy-looking red spots on their leaves. They are being grown about 6" away from a pair of 32w daylight T8's next to a bunch of highland Nepenthes with leaves that have healthy-looking tans. The lights are on 16 hours a day.

Both lowlanders are growing very slowly, and the N.rafflesiana is developing pitchers, but I'm wondering if the red spots are indicative of something that might be preventing these plants from growing at a reasonable rate.

Too much light maybe? Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!

http://relativelyirrelevant.com/public_images/********.jpg

Lots of my plants do that, I wouldn't worry about it. Some people grow neps in full sun. Your lighting situation sounds fine.

if the plant is growing fine and pitchering...I wouldn't worry about it. As PK says....old nep leaves can burn in high light....but once the plant acclaimatises, it will make nice thicker and healthier leaves that don't burn that easily. :)

I think it may be a combination of too much light and not enough humidity.

My lowlanders look like that in late July/August, when the temps increase and the humidity gets murdered with a rusty axe...

I can't exactly see well from the picture, but I think the soil might a little too wet, but I'm not really sure.

Back