What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics of my first Nepenthes.

Here are some pics of my first Nepenthes Ventricosa that I got in a trade. This guy seems like it grows everyday.

The day it got here.
NepenthesVentricosa1.jpg

and this is what it looks like today.
NepenthesVentricosa1a.jpg

This new pitcher looks to me like it goes through growth spurts??? Doesnt look like it grows some days but other days it looks like got a burst of energy to grow.
Ventricosa1.jpg

another pitcher
Ventricosa2.jpg

It is looking pretty good, congratulations

Despite being so 'vanilla', I love ventrisosa's - old reliable!

What a classy plant. I hope you know, you have now caught 'the fever'.
You can't just stop with a Ventricosa.

Great looking plant. Mine does the same thing with those "growth spurts".
Edit: What are your growing conditions?

Last edited:
Congratulations! Just know that from here on out, you're going to be officially obsessed with Nepenthes...in a strictly healthy way, of course!

Good looking plant. N. ventricosa is an oldy-but-a-goody, like D. capensis.

HAHAHAHA! As these fine addicts have already said... you will be addicted. I too received a Ventricosa back when I first started collecting Neps, and now I am hopelessly addicted (although I started out with hybrids at first). Glad to have you join us :).

BTW your plant looks great and it looks like you did an excellent job of perking it up. Well done.

Daniel

my first nepenthes was a ventricosa x maxima then I got sanguinea and ventricosa.
then I got a muluensis x lowii then a epphipiata and then I jumped up to nepenthes hamata.
I ♥ NEPENTHES!:-D

That's so great! It kept all the pitchers during shipping too! My ventricosa's will make a new leaf, sit there for a bit thinking about what to do, then suddenly begin inflating just as yours is doing. Looks like all the leaves perked up and it's liking it's new home pretty well! You're on the right track. 8)

-Nate

Edit: What are your growing conditions?

I just have it next to a big window in a small tray, and I mist it a few times a day and water every few days.

Im finding more and more room where a nepenthes will fit, and oh yeah, ive become addicted!

What a classy plant. I hope you know, you have now caught 'the fever'.
You can't just stop with a Ventricosa.

I agree with you DaveyJones My first nep is a N.Gentle and I just ordered a N.Sanguinea orange so most likely once I get this one I'll want another one I tell ya, Nepenthes are like potato chips once you eat one chip you want another.. =)

Very nice Ventricosa you have there Aric, the pitchers looks so nice and healthy I hope things go very well with it.

Back