What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes fertiliser?

theyellowdart

sea bear returns!
Earlier today I bought some 20-14-13 fertilizer for my orchids (my Moms actually, but I take care of them).
Is this ok to use on my Nepenthes if I use 1/4 the normal amount (1/4 of a teaspoon)?
I've never really used fertilizer on my Neps before, but they seem to be a little slow right now and I thought I could speed em' up a little.
Thanks!

-matt

That's perfectly fine. I've used a diluted fertilizer (1/4 a teaspoon per gallon of distilled water) for years and my Nepenthes love it.

What kind is it? Schultz Orchid is the way to go. 19-31-17 ftw. P really helps in flowering (once your plants get large enough of course).
MagAmp is better but I can't find it anywhere. Its like 9-40-12 or something awesome like that.

I use Better Grow Orchid Plus every two or three waterings, when I remember. If I recall, it's the same quantities you listed: 20-14-13.

xvart.

Thanks for all the replies. That really helps.
It's the same brand xvart said he uses, better grow orchid plus.

Back