What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FINALLY! Unconfirmed Nep Pitchers!!

My "mystery nep" has finally pitchered...sort of.

A clone of the parent plant pitchered. mama still has none, but mama doesn't fit under my lights so we're at the mercy of Mother Nature.

You may have seen the shots of pitchers that others have had with cuttings of this plant:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111170&highlight=mystery+nep

One is working on two lower pitchers, but the other plant (I think this was a cutting and the other a division of the rhizome) flowered and then FINALLY pitchered. The peristome looks redder in these pics (at least on my monitor). It has red and orange stripes that are more pronounced than on here.

mystnep1.jpg

mug shot
mystnep2.jpg

"turn to your left"
mystnep3.jpg

mystnep4.jpg

and the obligatory "pitcher with hand for size reference" shot:
mystnep5.jpg

I'm really curious to see the size of mama's first pitcher. She'll have to wait a bit until she can go outside and get more sunlight.

looks like a miranda upper.

Very nice looking Nepenthes the pitchers there looks nice how long have you had this Nep?

I've had it for about a year, but it was MASSIVE and I couldn't fit it anywhere. I divided it into two really really big plants and one eventually died (over watered). The greenhouse that was selling it said to pour plant food into it so I know that it wasn't living in very good conditions. The other half is sitting at an east window and doing well, but not pitchering. I've taken some cuttings and tried different conditions.

Looks good, nice job... finally. HA !

Very nice Ilbasso :). I have been wondering what your Nep bush was. I agree with Varun, it does look like a Miranda.

Daniel

Yes it does. I've suspected that that was probably what it was, but don't feel right declaring something that I do not know for certain. I'd hoped for something that I didn't have, but oh well. I guess I can stop hoping now and try to figure out what to do with all of these mirandas!

Back