What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nepenthes abuse

It's an outrage!!!! :rant: and it breaks my heart :cry:

2240172993_bb60dbaed1.jpg

Oh there's more it's not photoshopped

http://www.flickr.com/photos/athenerafie/sets/72157603818612925/

How do you think that this baby got a hold of such a nice plant? Ireally want to cry considering the fact that i have wanted one of these soo badly :'(

Maybe his parents will fall into a nice big Rajah trap prison and learn not to poach plants so their evil child can do his bidding!!:censor:

Buzz wrong, not rajah. Thanks for playing though!

What are you guys talking about? lol if a kid and a Nepenthes are both on the table at the same time, he's only helping with some repotting/cuttings. Is his face purple??

Buzz wrong, not rajah. Thanks for playing though!

What are you guys talking about? lol if a kid and a Nepenthes are both on the table at the same time, he's only helping with some repotting/cuttings. Is his face purple??

uhh I guess you could call it unwanted help.... maybe they thought it was cute but it's not a rattle it's a plant!!! stop shaking it... it's fine to taste it's nectar though..

That would be ameiliepoulain's kid. I don't think she'd be too happy with your comments (especially bianchi).

She lives in Penang. Amps are so common there no one would think twice about it. Amps that huge are commonly sold in weekend markets at cheap prices. Sometimes blurting stuff out, especially when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, can get you in trouble...

That would be ameiliepoulain's kid. I don't think she'd be too happy with your comments (especially bianchi).

She lives in Penang. Amps are so common there no one would think twice about it. Amps that huge are commonly sold in weekend markets at cheap prices. Sometimes blurting stuff out, especially when you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about, can get you in trouble...

I never said any mean things I just was upset about the photos.
bianchi on the other hand should be more careful with what he says...
well still even if they are so common there it's still rather shocking to a grower to find this picture while browsing the web.

Well I'm sticking to my guns, I think it's a cute picture. I remember playing in the garden while my father would work on weeds and the veggies. In the process I probably uprooted a lot of things I shouldn't have with my Tonka trucks, but who knows the fond memories of being outside with him might have started my green thumb.

Play things sometimes stick with you to be life long passions, and kids needs to explore sometimes. Even if it means eating a nepenthes.

Omnomnomnom!

Ok i am sorry if i offended anyone. I was just so shocked that someone was taking pics of their kid doing htis considering where i live you never see abundance of plants especially this size. And yes when i was a little kid I also did play in the garden and rip plants out:jester:.... i meen the kid is cute i was just sooo sad to see this stuff happening :-( :cry:

HA! that pic is just plain funny! I love the look on the kids face as he attempts to stuff the plant into his mouth. It's sad though . . . I only wish I could get any neps to look like that :p

WOW!

Incredible!
I have no words! :)
Man...the baby is really does not know that if he will destroy the plant in his hands ...he will no more eat for one month in order to permit to his daddy to buy another one! ;)

Bye!

Mr_Aga
ITALY

actually pk said they were fairly cheap at the markets in penang.
but yeah they are spendy for us like 30-60 dollars depending on the form.

Indeed...in the weekend markets they can get much better/different forms than we have available here for much cheaper.

Love to be in a place where these things are common plants.

If you look you see no leaves/pitchers come off and there is a ball of roots below the ring of pitchers, it looks like the baby was playing with plants being repotted.

Every time I see pics of N. ampullaria from the markets, they are GARGANTUAN. No question that they are common. My question is, since they are so common, why are we in the states stuck with dull-as-dishwater egg sized (at best... typically golf ball) N. ampullaria? It doesn't make sense. I mean they're so common, people use them in cooking.

I'll give that they could look larger because the baby is small, but I have seen them with adults and they really are huge.

I think because it is easier to sell cuttings of plants already here.

GASP! *calls police* XD

Back