What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So confused

I have a villosa that needs to be repotted. For some reason I always get these d. adelae from the LFS. It bugs me. Everyone says that d. capensis is bad but I thing these are the true weeds. So anyways everything other thing I read is something different. One says to use just LFS, others say not to. I was thinking of using Chillie LFS, perlite, and maybe repti bark. Yes or no? I was thinking that maybe a mix like that will be open, but stay moist. Plus I really do not need to water all that much since a added some mylar. It does not dry out too much in there and is way brighter.

yes adelae are weeds but lovely ones at that the only thing I can see wrong with them is they are rather invasive and would probably strangle your poor villosa, haha villosa grown in adelae roots!!! COME SEE

Meant to reply to this earlier....

Personally, I wouldn't use LFS at all. Use chunky stuff (look in vraev's rajah thread for all my material suggestions), and if you need it to retain moisture, I'd use a dab of peat. However, I would think this species would at least be similar to rajah in its soil requirements...

Added link - xvart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back