What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to make a hybrid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I make my own hybrid and get rich or something?

Rich!?! I dought you will get rich but, you take pollen from any male nep. and put it in the flowers of a female nep. of a different species.

you need a male and female plant in flower at same time then cross them and wait for them to mature... most nepenthes sold are male.
good luck even if you made a hybrid I doubt you would be "rich"

well not rich, but... what do you mean troll?

why does everybody have to put me down like that? your not gonna be rich!

Last edited by a moderator:
because we are all stressed and making other people said helps! :-O Now don't go on about being famous and read the forum before you post! :jester:

no i dont mean famous i just meant everywhere I go people are mean

I don't perceive it as "putting you down." I believe it is more of a funny thought of getting rich off of making hybrids to sell so soon after starting the hobby because if that were the case, we would all be rich! It takes lots (and lots) of time, space, and patience to create hybrids and grow them out to a size that could be considerable for growing. If you want to get rich it will have to be your full time job. Because most casual growers don't even have the space to grow several of the same batch of seedlings and most people just give away seed.

xvart.

edit: Everyone settle down. We don't have to jump down people's throats. We were all new at some point. Maneatingmoo, I know it can be difficult to search for certain phrases when you don't know the nomenclature but there is a wealth of information on the forums. Just dig a little deeper because many of the questions you are asking have been posted several times. Now everyone say "I'm sorry" and let's move on.

listen you can make money you can be rich but you're not going to become Donald trump by selling one hybrid.

thanks. putting it that way makes me feel better than people laughing at me

No one laughed at you, I never lol one the computer with no one around! lol!

LOL: no one ever really means it! LOL!:-))

how can I close this thread now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back